Vice President, People
People and Talent /
Let’s Work Bravely
Bravely is on a mission to make life at work better for everyone. We are democratizing access to professional coaching. Companies worldwide look to us to provide their employees across all levels access to on-demand confidential coaching for the moments that matter most at work. Through Bravely, employees have a trusted and skilled coach to support their well-being, career development, and performance and ultimately help them thrive in their workplaces.
We work with companies like Zillow, Pinterest, and Autodesk, who are deeply committed to equity and inclusion by ensuring that all of their employees have access to our highly-vetted, skilled and diverse community of professional coaches. When organizations offer Bravely, they scale the support provided by their People teams and managers, transforming their workplaces and empowering their employees. Our data-driven insights and passionate team are driving change for employees and in workplaces around the world. We are a rapidly growing organization, and we’re looking for innovative, adaptive, and mission-driven people to support this growth.
About the Role
We are looking for a mission-driven people leader to join us as our Vice President of People. You will directly shape our culture and drive the growth, development, and retention of Bravely’s outstanding global team. As the VP of People, you will lead the charge internally to further our mission to make life at work better for everyone. You will be responsible for building Bravely’s People function and own our end-to-end employee experience. You will lead and design initiatives that support our people, create a culture that reflects and amplifies our values, and help us scale during this exciting period of growth. Areas of ownership include: creating an equitable and inclusive culture, talent acquisition & onboarding, engagement and retention, compensation and benefits, learning & development, performance management, and more.
What you’ll do - architect, amplify, establish, champion
- Report to the President and Co-founder and partner with the leadership team to design and lead all strategies related to People, Talent, Culture, and Internal Communications
- Employee Experience: Own the employee experience, working closely with the leadership team to develop strategic programs and policies to drive engagement and to deepen our connection to our mission, our work, and each other
- Learning and Development: Develop ongoing programs for all employees to better enable our organization and provide ongoing career development
- People Analytics: Drive implementation and adoption of key people analytics to help drive thoughtful, data-driven people decisions. Implement team surveys and other analytics tools to understand the employee experience and guide people program development and implementation
- Compensation: Build our compensation programs, salary bands, market analysis, and overall compensation philosophy
- Benefits and Rewards Programs: Oversee and audit our compliance, payroll, and benefits programs; keeping a pulse on competitive offerings to ensure Bravely continues to offer our employees the resources they need to be successful and grow
- Talent Management: Create and implement our and promotion philosophy and system, implementing regular and ongoing feedback conversations for leaders, managers, supervisors, and individuals contributors to drive a culture of feedback and learning
- Talent Acquisition: Partner with Talent Acquisition Lead to develop and implement a people strategy by anticipating future talent needs, recruitment forecasts, succession planning, and retention planning for critical positions
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Champion DEIB across the organization; build a diverse team, foster an inclusive culture through recruiting, training, policies
You should have
- Leadership experience within a People Operations or HR function
- Experience building and scaling people programs and HR infrastructure
- Hands-on experience with People Operations—from administration of benefits to onboarding to employee relations
- Experience implementing HR tools and practices such as employee engagement surveys, compensation bands
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills, and experience supporting employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong project management and collaboration skills with a proven ability to balance shifting priorities and meet challenging deadlines.
- You are a resourceful and creative team player, and are excited about making a meaningful impact on a rapidly growing business
Bravely is committed to building a diverse, equity-minded, and inclusive culture where all of our team members feel a deep sense of belonging. We recognize that underrepresented groups such as women and BIPOC may be less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet some of the qualifications and if this role is aligned with your career aspirations and interests.
- Competitive salary + compensation package with equity
- Competitive insurance plans with full coverage for medical, dental, and vision that greatly eliminate your out of pocket expenses
- Unlimited vacation time to enjoy all aspects of your life
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks for the primary caregiver and six weeks for secondary
- Unlimited and 100% confidential access to world-class Bravely coaches to support you in your professional journey
- Virtual team-building time to stay connected with your team members around the world
- Cultural celebrations to uplift the unique experiences and identities within our community
- Home Office Allowance
- Working with an amazing, diverse, energetic, and supportive group of people
Work from where it WORKS for you. We are a fully distributed remote team with an office in New York. Our team is now 100% fully distributed and remote. We will eventually offer the option to be a hybrid in New York. We will not require employees located in NY to come into the office. We support flexible work policies for greater work-life balance.
Working at Bravely
As a team, we practice what we preach: we live our values, communicate openly and honestly, and actively work to
cultivate an inclusive and supportive people-first environment where everyone can grow, thrive, and make meaning from their work. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity fervently, with a strong commitment to building a team representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Bravely is an equal employment opportunity employer. Bravely considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other protected class. We are committed to a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
As an equal employment opportunity employer will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.