Senior Data Engineer (Remote)
New York, New York /
Let's Work Bravely
Bravely is on a mission to make life at work better for everyone. We are democratizing access to professional coaching. Companies worldwide look to us to provide their employees across all levels access to on-demand confidential coaching for the moments that matter most at work. Through Bravely, employees have a trusted and skilled coach to support their well-being, career development, and performance and ultimately help them thrive in their workplaces.
We work with companies like Zillow, Pinterest, and Autodesk, who are deeply committed to equity and inclusion by ensuring that all of their employees have access to our highly-vetted, diverse, and brilliant professional coaches. When organizations offer Bravely, they scale the support provided by their People teams, managers and transform their workplaces. Our data-driven insights and passionate team are driving change for employees and in workplaces around the world.
What you'll do
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Bravely team! In this role, you will work closely with our heads of product and engineering, and our data analyst, to create consistent data pipelines that allow us to understand what’s happening in all the tools where we support employees using Bravely, and to build toward discovering cross-industry workplace trends. You’ll work on the architecture underpinning all of our data analysis, both contributing to the design and development of new parts of our schema, and marrying bodies of data to allow seamless analysis.
You’ll have a storytelling approach to data, thinking about our data structure in terms of how it reflects the reality of those using Bravely’s platform, and considering the worldview our data presents. You’ll plan and build scalable systems that facilitate complex analysis while responding to quickly-growing bodies of complex data.
- Integrate data from our app and various third party tools we use to serve our users into our data warehouse
- Take ownership of our data’s performance, managing how we integrate data and optimizing our architecture for efficient analysis, and collaborating on strong security for sensitive data
- Work closely with our data analyst, head of product, and engineering team to ensure data from all user activity is retrievable and well-structured for analysis and tracking needs
- Collaborate on the ongoing development of our ERD to ensure our architecture is sound and reflects the reality of our use cases
- Communicate fluidly with product and non-technical team members to understand data needs, establish technical requirements to support them, and manage the data engineering delivery process
- You prioritize understanding data context and execute data architecture that reflects the real world that data represents
- You’re an engineer first, making you passionate for high quality code, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- You’re experienced with data warehousing and designing data models
- You can mitigate the limitations of imperfect data by building data systems that are flexible and adaptable
- You tend to hold the big picture in mind while delivering continuous improvements in the short-term, to balance building a better system over time and supporting day-to-day needs
- You’re a strong written and verbal communicator who collaborates well across teams
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience
- You are fluent in SQL and a programming language like Python or Ruby
- You are proficient in one or more relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- You have experience contributing significantly to the creation and maintenance of data models and ETL systems
- You have experience with cloud-based platforms, such as AWS and Google Cloud Platform
- Handy but not required: You have experience with event-driven systems
- Handy but not required: You have experience with Looker
Bravely is committed to building a diverse, equity-minded, and inclusive culture where all of our team members feel a deep sense of belonging. We recognize that underrepresented groups such as women and BIPOC may be less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet some of the qualifications and if this role is aligned with your career aspirations and interests.
- Competitive salary + compensation package with equity
- Competitive insurance plans with full coverage for medical, dental, and vision that greatly eliminate your out of pocket expenses
- Unlimited vacation time to enjoy all aspects of your life
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks for the primary caregiver and six weeks for secondary
- Unlimited and 100% confidential access to world-class Bravely coaches to support you in your professional journey
- Virtual team-building time to stay connected with your team members around the world
- Cultural celebrations to uplift the unique experiences and identities within our community
- Home Office Allowance
- Working with an amazing, diverse, energetic, and supportive group of people
Our headquarters are based in New York, NY, but we support flexible work policies for greater work-life balance — many of our employees are 100% remote.
Working at Bravely
As a team, we practice what we preach: we live our values, communicate openly and honestly, and actively work to cultivate an inclusive and supportive people-first environment where everyone can grow, thrive, and make meaning from their work. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity fervently, with a strong commitment to building a team representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Bravely is an equal employment opportunity employer. Bravely considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other protected class. We are committed to a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
As an equal employment opportunity employer will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please contact email@example.com.