Data Engineer (Remote)
New York, New York /
Bravely is on a mission to make life at work better for everyone, powering a new pillar of a best-in-class employee support model that offers individual coaching and learning to every employee. We’re growing quickly, and are proud to be part of the future of work.
The data engineer at Bravely will work closely with our heads of product and engineering, and our data analyst, to create consistent data pipelines that allow us to understand what’s happening in all the tools where we support employees using Bravely, and to build toward discovering cross-industry workplace trends. You’ll work on the architecture underpinning all of our data analysis, both contributing to design and development of new parts of our schema, and marrying bodies of data to allow seamless analysis.
You’ll have a storytelling approach to data, thinking about our data structure in terms of how it reflects the reality of those using Bravely’s platform, and considering the worldview our data presents. You’ll plan and build scalable systems that facilitate complex analysis while responding to quickly-growing bodies of complex data.
What you’ll do
- Integrate data from our app and various third party tools we use to serve our users into our data warehouse
- Take ownership of our data’s performance, managing how we integrate data and optimizing our architecture for efficient analysis, and collaborating on strong security for sensitive data
- Work closely with our data analyst, head of product, and engineering team to ensure data from all user activity is retrievable and well-structured for analysis and tracking needs
- Collaborate on the ongoing development of our ERD to ensure our architecture is sound and reflects the reality of our use cases
- Communicate fluidly with product and non-technical team members to understand data needs, establish technical requirements to support them, and manage the data engineering delivery process
- You prioritize understanding data context and execute data architecture that reflects the real world that data represents
- You’re an engineer first, making you passionate for high quality code, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- You’re experienced with data warehousing and designing data models
- You can mitigate the limitations of imperfect data by building data systems that are flexible and adaptable
- You tend to hold the big picture in mind while delivering continuous improvements in the short-term, to balance building a better system over time and supporting day-to-day needs
- You’re a strong written and verbal communicator who collaborates well across teams
- You are fluent in SQL and a programming language like Python or Ruby
- You are proficient in one or more relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- You have at least 1 year experience contributing significantly to the creation and maintenance of data models and ETL systems
- You have experience with cloud-based platforms, such as AWS and Google Cloud Platform
- Handy but not required: You have experience with event-driven systems
- Handy but not required: You have experience with Looker
Working at Bravely
As a team, we practice what we preach: we live our values, communicate openly and honestly, and actively work to cultivate an inclusive and supportive people first environment in which everyone can grow, thrive, and make meaning from their work.
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity fervently, with a strong commitment to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
You’ll be supported as you develop in your role along with access to a competitive package plus stock options, healthcare, and other benefits (including Bravely, of course!).