React Native Engineer
Ideal Start Date: Immediately
Let’s Work Bravely
Bravely is on a mission to make life at work better for everyone. We are democratizing access to professional coaching. Companies worldwide look to us to provide their employees across all levels access to on-demand confidential coaching for the moments that matter most at work. Through Bravely, employees have a trusted and skilled coach to support their well-being, career development, and performance and ultimately help them thrive in their workplaces.
We work with companies like Zillow, Pinterest, and Autodesk, who are deeply committed to equity and inclusion by ensuring that all of their employees have access to our highly-vetted, diverse, and brilliant professional coaches. When organizations offer Bravely, they scale the support provided by their People teams, managers and transform their workplaces. Our data-driven insights and passionate team are driving change for employees and in workplaces around the world.
About the role
We are a remote, distributed team with a strong focus on working asynchronously and taking ownership. This will be our first mobile-specific hire so you will get to influence a lot of the direction of this function. In your first week at Bravely, you can expect to build relationships with the team, learn how to ship a small feature or bugfix end-to-end, and begin to understand the application architecture. In your first 30 days, you can expect to have shipped multiple contributions to our employee & Pro mobile applications. In your first 90 days, you will take ownership of the mobile development lifecycle and release cycle.
What you’ll do
- Design, build, and maintain our iOS and Android applications for our Employee & Pro populations.
- Work with product management team to identify opportunities to leverage mobile functionality for new features.
- Partner with engineering team to identify appropriate APIs and services to enable mobile applications.
- Build tooling to improve our mobile developer experience including testing, QA, and release.
Need to have
- You have a minimum 2 years of experience developing consumer-facing mobile applications.
- Comfortable or interested in React Native development.
- Strong organization skills to manage the QA and release schedules for all multiple mobile applications.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect back-end services to mobile applications.
Nice to have
- Experience with both Android and iOS platforms is a plus, but not required.
- You have developed distributed data processing systems or ETLs against large data sets
- You have experience building and maintaining mobile applications
- Ability to update Ruby on Rails API code.
Bravely is committed to building a diverse, equity-minded, and inclusive culture where all of our team members feel a deep sense of belonging. We recognize that underrepresented groups such as women and BIPOC may be less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet some of the qualifications and if this role is aligned with your career aspirations and interests.
- Competitive salary + compensation package with equity
- Competitive insurance plans with full coverage for medical, dental, and vision that greatly eliminate your out of pocket expenses
- Unlimited vacation time to enjoy all aspects of your life
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks for the primary caregiver and six weeks for secondary
- Unlimited and 100% confidential access to world-class Bravely coaches to support you in your professional journey
- Virtual team-building time to stay connected with your team members around the world
- Cultural celebrations to uplift the unique experiences and identities within our community
- Home Office Allowance
- Working with an amazing, diverse, energetic, and supportive group of people
Work from where it WORKS for you. We are a fully distributed remote team with an office in New York. Our team is now 100% fully distributed and remote. We will eventually offer the option to be a hybrid in New York. We will not require employees located in NY to come into the office. We support flexible work policies for greater work-life balance.
Working at Bravely
As a team, we practice what we preach: we live our values, communicate openly and honestly, and actively work to cultivate an inclusive and supportive people-first environment where everyone can grow, thrive, and make meaning from their work. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity fervently, with a strong commitment to building a team representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Bravely is an equal employment opportunity employer. Bravely considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other protected class. We are committed to a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
As an equal employment opportunity employer will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.