Recovery Counselor - LMSW
Ann Arbor, MI /
Counseling & Care Management – Social Workers /
As a Counselor and Care Manager at Workit Clinic, you will be responsible for providing support to MAT patients through counseling. MAT Counselors are full-time employees that work out of our clinic in Ann Arbor, MI, and see patients both in person at Workit Clinics and via telehealth platforms.
- Assist with induction visits 2-3 times per week
- Communicate with clients via our digital platform on a regular basis. Consult with Workit Health’s partnering medical providers to coordinate patient care.
- Provide a full range of supportive SUD services including brief individual text-based counseling, intensive counseling and consultations to support strength-based discharge planning and continuity of care.
- Complete and maintain accurate records or reports regarding the patients' histories and progress, services provided, all per Workit Health's mission and guidelines.
- Participate in case conferencing with clinical supervisor and director to assess client needs, progress, documentation, and exit planning.
- Prepare all related treatment documentation in accordance with applicable organizational and state standards in a clear, thorough, and timely manner. Experience with electronic health records is essential.
- Participate in care management for clients through our digital platform, in person, and on the phone.
- Intervene as an advocate for clients to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations. Provide client and/or family members with information about addiction issues and about available services or programs, making appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Coordinate with service providers outside of the organization to market, refer, and collaborate enhancing client care.
- State licensure as an LMSW, LLMSW, LCSW, LPC, LLPC
- Certification of CADC or CAADC Preferred
- Ability to provide supervision when needed
- Ability to co-sign LLMSW staff documentation when needed
- Must have licensure or certification that allows for a coach to assist clients unsupervised.
- One (1) year of experience providing SUD services in an inpatient or outpatient setting is preferred
- Ability and willingness to do work online; familiarity with Google Drive, spreadsheets, documentation, video conferencing, and secure email.
- Must agree to maintain computer and internet accessibility as these are essential to providing online counseling services.
- Strong communication, CBT, and motivational interviewing skills.
- Must be able to develop clear and concise reports in a timely manner.
- Enthusiasm for revolutionizing the way addiction is addressed and treated is necessary!
- At least 5 years of recent counseling experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent licensure
- Briefs: 1 year (Preferred)
- EHR Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Discharge Planning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Telehealth: 1 year (Preferred)
Why Join Workit?
Workit Health is the industry leader in delivering tailored, whole-person care that is patient-designed and evidenced-based.
Join us in our journey to disrupt the status quo and stigma surrounding addiction treatment and mental health care.
Why? Because we deserve better. For the living & the lost. Because it’s about time.
As we are an addiction recovery company, those in addiction recovery are encouraged to apply. Workit Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Generous PTO (plus your birthday off!)
Excellent health, dental & vision insurance with options to fit you & your family’s needs
401k + Matching
Full Malpractice Coverage with Tail Paid
Maternity + Paternity Leave
Personalized Coaching Platform
Ongoing employee training and development through Learning Management System
The opportunity to work with a dynamic, fun, and inclusive team that is dedicated to the addiction space!