Americas and European Time Zones /
WorkOS is a developer platform that helps make apps enterprise-ready. We build tools and services for developers to help them implement features like Single Sign-On, Directory Sync, Multi-Factor Auth, and Audit Logs. We're a fully-distributed team with employees across US and EU time zones. We're well-funded, having recently raised an $80M Series B. Customers include Webflow, Vercel, PlanetScale, Loom, Airbase, and many more of today’s fastest growing SaaS companies.
About the Role:
WorkOS is looking for an Engineering Manager to empower and grow a team of highly skilled engineers.
At WorkOS, we lead by serving our teams with empathy, knowledge, and coordination. In this role you would be focused on people and projects, and that excites you.
As Engineering Manager, we're interested in your experience growing an engineering team, managing highly technical projects and building a safe environment where engineers can focus on what they love: shipping code.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure proper team focus on priorities, milestones and deliverables.
- Understand the team. You care about people and think they are the most exciting part of the job.
- Work in-step with technical leads on architectural decisions and project scope.
- Support your team through one-on-ones, setting goals, and facilitating conversations to ensure career progression, well-being, and performance.
- Foster a healthy, thriving and inclusive environment.
- Lead the effort to attract, recruit, and retain diverse engineering talent.
What You’ll Bring:
- Project management expertise. You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage impactful projects across functional teams. You track KPIs, milestones and hit your deliverables.
- Passion for people. You're passionate about managing, mentoring, and crafting opportunities to support your teams’ success. You don’t shy away from challenging performance conversations, and you recognize the relationship between clear, direct feedback and career growth. Ideally, you’d have at least 2 to 3 years of experience managing a product-focused engineering team.
- Low ego. As a manager you understand your role isn’t to be the “smartest” engineer in the room nor is it to make big technical decisions. You aren’t focused on being right, you’re focused on what’s right for the team. You love a job where you help others do their best work and aren’t attracted to the spotlight.
- Technical experience. You’ve previously been in a highly-technical role and understand what it takes to be a great software engineer. The companies you have worked at aren’t companies with technical departments, they are high tech companies with technical products. You understand technology but you are more driven by organizing people and defining processes for team success. To lead these teams, you partner closely and build trust with engineers who deeply understand the product.
- Recruiting know-how. You love building teams (and know how challenging it is). You have experience partnering with internal recruiting teams to drive effective and fair hiring processes. You realize that recruiting is a large (and important!) portion of your role.
- Distributed work or management experience. You’ve been a remote employee or have managed people in remote settings before. You recognize managing a remote team comes with its own rewards and challenges, and are committed to putting frameworks in place to flourish in this setting.
At WorkOS, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial well-being. We offer healthcare coverage for you and your family, including medical, dental, and vision. We offer parental leave, paid-time off and flexible working arrangements.
- Competitive pay
- Substantial equity grants
- Healthcare insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision) for you and your family
- 401k matching
- Wellness and fitness monthly allowances
- Flex vacation policy
- Autonomy and flexibility with remote work
Equal Opportunity Employer
WorkOS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.