Product Security Engineer
About WorkOS 🚀
WorkOS is a developer platform that helps make apps enterprise-ready. We build tools and services for developers to help them implement features like Single Sign-On, Directory Sync, Multi-Factor Auth, and Audit Logs. We're a fully-distributed team with employees across US and EU time zones. We're well-funded, having recently raised an $80M Series B. Our fast growing customer base includes thousands of rapidly growing SaaS companies like Webflow, Vercel, Brex, PlanetScale, Loom, and Drata.
About the role 💭
WorkOS is growing rapidly and building out our team of engineers! We obsess over the developer experience, actively seeking out feedback and new perspectives to inform the products we build. We’re searching for engineers who share this empathetic approach to solving problems.
We’re looking for an experienced security engineer to join our team, responsible for defining and coordinating security efforts across the company. The role is both strategic and tactical, so we’ll be looking to you to influence long-term strategy while delivering on key pieces during our next phase of company growth.
Successful candidates will love staying up to date on the latest in cloud product security, authentication and identity domains. You’ll work across different teams to help make our products secure by design.
- Be the product security champion. You’ll work closely with our product engineering teams to provide security guidance on all new and existing products
- Collaborate with the product engineering team to perform regular product security assessments
- Establish patterns and practices around application security
- Advocate for, and lead security projects from inception through completion
- Engage with security vendors as needed
- Triage and escalate security issues
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Security engineer in a cloud product company
- Proven experience performing security design reviews for complex applications, including distributed systems, APIs, and cloud services
- Familiar with common security libraries, security controls, and common security flaws that apply to cloud services
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete rigorous security-focused code reviews in TypeScript
- Bonus: Experience in Auth and Identity domain
- Bonus: Experience writing production-level code, especially developing security features
The annual US base salary falls within the range of $150,000 to $250,000. This range does not encompass the full spectrum of benefits such as equity, health insurance, vacation time, and paid parental leave. Final compensation will be determined considering various factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications.
Benefits (US Only) 💖
At WorkOS, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial well-being. We offer healthcare coverage for you and your family, including medical, dental, and vision. We offer parental leave, paid-time off and fully remote working arrangements.
- Competitive pay
- Substantial equity grants
- Healthcare insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision) for you and your family
- 401k matching
- Wellness and fitness monthly allowances
- Flex vacation policy
- Autonomy and flexibility with remote work
Equal Opportunity Employer
WorkOS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.