Head of Recruiting
USA timezones /
At WorkOS, we’re building “Stripe for enterprise-ready features.” This means we provide a modern API platform that empowers any developer to quickly build and ship enterprise features. These include Single Sign-On (SAML), Directory Sync (SCIM), Audit Trail (SIEM), and more.
WorkOS is a well-funded, fully distributed team with employees across the US. Investors include Lightspeed, Abstract, Tuesday Capital, Uncorrelated Ventures and Audacious Ventures. Lachy Groom (early Stripe) led our most recent round along with many other tech operators and founders, including: Elad Gil, Nat Friedman, Kevin Hartz, Brianne Kimmel, Josh Buckley, Scott Belsky, Rahul Vohra, Cristina Cordova, Akshay Kothari, Matt Biilmann, and Harry Stebbings.
About the role:
WorkOS is looking to hire our first in-house recruiter, in order to rapidly scale our team. You'll define our recruiting strategy and build a best-in-class talent program, helping us make critical hires across engineering, product, design, marketing and developer success.
You’ll be primarily responsible for managing all recruiting-related activities and ensure seamless onboarding experiences. The role will be a mix of sourcing/recruiting directly, as well as managing a number of external recruiting resources such as agencies and recruiting platforms.
This role is best suited for someone who will be able to handle the dynamic nature of a high-growth technology company, and have creativity around how/where to source strong engineering talent. We're looking for someone who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment and passionate about growing teams remotely. The ideal candidate will be able to balance long-term focus with practical day-to-day execution.
- Design, execute and own full life-cycle recruiting
- Innovate on ways to attract and engage top talent in creative, targeted and meaningful ways
- Establish interview processes for new roles (write job descriptions, calibrate sourcing, designing evaluation rubrics)
- Manage candidates through the entire interview process (updating candidate pipeline, scheduling interviews, following-up, performing reference checks and generating offer letters)
- Advise and coach internal team members on best recruiting practices and ways to improve interviewing
- Drive new recruiting efforts, e.g. initiate a university presence / intern program
- Actively work towards building a diverse team and ensure fairness in hiring practices
- Regularly manage pipeline activity and analyze KPIs for recruiting
- Scale a lean team to support growth
- 5-8 years of recruiting experience, with a strong background in technical R&D hiring
- 3-5 years of individual contributor work, 1-3 years of management experience
- Previous experience recruiting and scaling an early-stage team
- Experience building employer brand via platforms such as LinkedIn
- Demonstrated success of establishing credibility and trust with diverse groups
- Outstanding influencing, communication and relationship-building skills
- Strong understanding of compensation techniques and methodologies
At WorkOS, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial well-being. We offer healthcare coverage for you and your family, including medical, dental, and vision. We offer parental leave, paid-time off and flexible working arrangements.
- Competitive pay
- Substantial equity grants
- Healthcare insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision) for you and your family
- 401k matching
- Wellness and fitness monthly allowances
- Flex vacation policy
- Autonomy and flexibility with remote work
Equal Opportunity Employer
WorkOS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.