USA timezones /
WorkOS is a developer platform that helps make apps enterprise-ready. We provide pre-built features and APIs for SSO/SAML, Audit Trail, Directory/SCIM sync, and more. WorkOS is a well-funded, fully distributed team with employees across US time zones.
About the role:
WorkOS is looking for a VP Engineering to lead and grow our engineering team.
At WorkOS, we lead by serving our teams with empathy, knowledge, and coordination. In this role, you would lead our team of highly skilled engineers, who are organized into nimble cross-functional Squads.
As VP Engineering, we're interested in your experience growing and managing an engineering team, as well as your ability to provide thoughtful technical feedback.
What you’ll do:
- Own high level management of objectives, priorities, tradeoffs, and risks for the engineering organization.
- Lead the effort to attract, recruit, and retain diverse engineering talent.
- Create and implement effective engineering processes and policies that help us earn the love of our customers.
- Aid your direct reports by scheduling one-on-ones, setting goals, and facilitating conversations to support their career progression, well-being, and performance.
- Drive the team towards meeting milestones, and accurately scope future projects.
- Foster a healthy, thriving and inclusive environment.
What you’ll bring:
- Engineering experience. You’ve been a software engineer and know what it takes to be a great software engineer. You can discuss technical strategy and tradeoffs, and after receiving input from the team, are comfortable providing direction and thoughtful feedback.
- Intentional leadership. Our teams thrive through trust and empowerment, rather than by step-by-step direction. In other words, you prefer leading by leveraging your talented team vs. a 'do it yourself' approach. We strive to be supportive, patient, and people-focused.
- People development. You're passionate about managing, mentoring, and crafting opportunities to support your reports’ success. You don’t shy away from challenging performance conversations, and you recognize the relationship between clear, direct feedback and career growth. Ideally, you’d have at least 2 to 3 years of experience managing product-focused engineering teams.
- Distributed work or management experience. You’ve been a remote employee or have managed people in remote settings before. We recognize managing a remote team comes with its own rewards and challenges, and we are committed to putting frameworks in place to flourish in this setting.
- Coordination and effective communication. You're good at connecting people and distributing critical information across the organization. You gain the cooperation of others, negotiate, and are comfortable presenting information on specific projects or schedules.
- Organization and project management. You are highly organized and able to manage impactful projects across functional teams. With many people doing various things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills are required.
- Data-driven. You take into account quantitative and qualitative data to make strategic decisions.
At WorkOS, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial well-being. We offer healthcare coverage for you and your family, including medical, dental, and vision. We offer parental leave, paid-time off and flexible working arrangements.
- Competitive pay
- Substantial equity grants
- Healthcare insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision) for you and your family
- 401k matching
- Wellness and fitness monthly allowances
- Flex vacation policy
- Autonomy and flexibility with remote work
Equal Opportunity Employer
WorkOS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.