Senior Front End Developer (Remote)
Grand Rapids, MI /
We are looking for a talented Front End Developer to join our Lawnbot by WorkWave product team. In this position you help take Lawnbot to the next level by understanding our customer needs, help design and plan features & releases, and then get to work implementing those features to deliver massive value. Lawnbot is a small, agile, and tight-knit group which means your work will make a meaningful impact for our customers and you’ll get ample opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
Why work for WorkWave? WorkWave is unique in that it has a large, established base of loyal customers but also has enormous growth opportunities in multiple areas. We are transforming the field service industry, one customer at a time, by building intuitive, best in class cloud-based software, mobile apps and high-value services that solve key pain points our customers face every day, allowing them to save money, save time and improve customer service levels, all at the same time.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Everyday, you’ll meet with the team and plan the work to be done each day. You’ll be able to ask questions, get help, and provide insights to design the best solution for the problem at hand.
- Write code obviously! Produce high quality code to implement the features outlined by the product team, all while secretly screaming inside when reviewing the code from the last developer who worked on the project.
- Work with the operations team to help squash bugs either on the phone, via screen sharing, or message them through Slack. While we might be impressed with your coding skills it will be your interpersonal skills that will make you a superhero.
- Work with all parts of the WorkWave product family to make Lawnbot a seamless and obvious addition for our customers.
- Work with the product planning team to scope out future work, set expectations & timelines, as well as provide feedback for release planning.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 5+ years of experience working independently or with a development team implementing, launching, and maintaining various applications.
- Demonstrated experience in React and/or React Native; personal and/or professional projects.
- Understanding of Git and should have experience inheriting React applications or significantly modifying existing open-source code to make something awesome.
- Understand Agile methodologies and can work both independently and alongside other developers to plan and move tickets through the software development life cycle.
- Candidates with experience with GraphQL, WordPress, and Node.JS (Java script) will have an advantage in the recruiting process.
- Candidates who may be a fit for the team will approach development work collaboratively, are highly curious, are team players and team builders, and are comfortable in a creative environment.
- Must be a problem solver and be willing to “figure stuff out”...
- Must be willing to share learnings (failures and successes) with the rest of the team and create best practices within the organization to take the product to the "next-level"
- Must be willing to speak with customers and work with them toward a solution; i.e. can you talk to people, come up with solutions, and be likable?
- Must be willing to demonstrate what you can do or what you have done.
A FEW WORDS FROM THE HIRING MANAGER:
“Lawnbot by WorkWave is like Shopify for the green industry! The highest standards. The happiest customers. We are seeking an ambitious individual to join our dynamic team and grow as we grow. We have a small team so your ability to make an impact would be immediate. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who likes the technology start-up lifestyle and also has the upside of being part of a company that has HUGE ambitions.”
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US:
• We are laid back but buttoned up. We have a casual work environment with a passion for developing creative, innovative best in class solutions that directly contribute to the success of our customers
• We care deeply and deliver service and solutions that make a real difference in the lives of our clients and their businesses
• We openly accept others as they are and build strong partnerships based on trust
• Teamwork and collaboration is key to help our colleagues and customers solve their challenges
• Our team is energetic, fun, naturally inquisitive and eager to make an impact, we invite you to join us!
A GLOBAL COMPANY WITH A LOCAL PRESENCE
• We know that there are benefits of being in the office and working from home. WorkWave promotes a healthy work/life balance and provides employees with the flexibility of collaborating in the office or the option to work virtually if desired.
• We have employees in over 30 states, 7 countries and many regional offices - each with their own set of perks and opportunities to give back to the local community.
• Whether you work remotely or take advantage of one of our offices, you’ll find a community of WorkWavers that value diversity, and care deeply about our products, clients, our communities and each other.
RELAX, WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED:
• Employees can expect a robust benefits package, including health and dental, generous paid time off and 401k with company match
• Tuition reimbursement
• Robust Employee Assistance program offering free counseling 24/7/365, plus financial counseling, legal guidance, adoption assistance services and much more!
• Health and wellness focused work environment - optional standing desks and office fitness challenges
• 401K-9 Doggie Daycare Discount Program
• Charitable donation match program
• Opportunities to participate in charitable events and give back to the community
GROW WITH US:
• We understand the impact of attracting and keeping top talent and reward intellectual curiosity and a thirst for personal and professional growth
• Encouraging our employees that already have an intimate knowledge of and passion for our products to apply for other roles within our walls just makes sense!
• Our employees have access to extensive video libraries for soft skill and role specific training available 24/7 and live training is provided throughout the year
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
• 9 Time winner of Best Place to Work in New Jersey by NJBiz!
• WorkWave has been recognized with multiple awards for its outstanding products, growth and culture, including the Inc. 5000, SaaS Award, IT World Awards, Globe Awards, Silver Stevie Award for Employer of the Year, and Best Place to Work Inc. Magazine
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
WorkWave supports salary transparency, however please note that salary estimates provided by websites (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.) and not by WorkWave may not accurately reflect the actual salary range for the position.