Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Charlotte, NC /
WorkWave is the leading provider of cloud-based software solutions that support every stage of a service business’s life cycle - from Lead Management to Customer Relationship Management to Order Management to Field Service to Payment Facilitation. We serve thousands of customers across a large spectrum of businesses including the service verticals of HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Cleaning and Janitorial - from multi-billion dollar enterprises to medium sized businesses to the smallest upstart seeking an edge.
We are looking for individuals who are self-driven and motivated to make a difference for our customers and for WorkWave using cutting edge cloud-based technology to solve hard problems and transform challenges into opportunities & effective solutions for our customers. Successful candidates will play a key role in modernizing and scaling one of our flagship field service management software platforms, taking us to the next level of growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design, code, and document software in object-oriented languages
- Analyze current solutions within the product and come up with innovative designs to improve them with a focus on scale and performance
- Troubleshoot and analyze database performance, resource consumption, and potential bottlenecks
- Write optimized database queries, views and triggers
- Collaborate with other engineers and product managers from product development teams across the company
- Implement best patterns and practices of object-oriented design: avoid redundancy and promote efficiency, testability and supportability of code
- Adhere to “best-in-class” engineering by ensuring that services and components are: well-defined, modular, secure, reliable, reusable, diagnosable, and actively monitored
- Contribute to code reviews and help foster a culture of innovation within the team
- Work closely with program and project managers to successfully monitor progress of major initiatives and features
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in either C#, C++, or both
- High proficiency in SQL database technology
- Experience building and consuming RESTful services
- Experience contributing to the system design or architecture of new and current systems
- Experience developing cloud based infrastructure and platform services on the major cloud providers - AWS (preferred), Azure or GCP a plus
- Understanding of source control concepts and exposure to Git
- Exposure to a modern front-end web framework such as Angular, React, or Vue
- Strong passion for delivering high quality, large scale services that focus on the -ilities (scalability, availability, reliability, maintainability, reusability)
- Knowledge of large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems as part of a team
A FEW WORDS FROM THE HIRING MANAGER:
“Are you ready for the next biggest challenge of your career? Then being part of a flagship product in a fast growing company like WorkWave is the place to be! I’m looking for someone who’s customer focused, always thinking of solutions, takes initiative and drives everyone around them to excel. Come help us transform and modernize our products to help our customers reach their full potential!”
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US:
• We are laid back but buttoned up. We have a casual work environment with a passion for developing creative, innovative best in class solutions that directly contribute to the success of our customers
• We give a damn and deliver service and solutions that make a real difference in the lives of our clients and their businesses
• We openly accept others as they are and build strong partnerships based on trust
• Teamwork and collaboration is key to help our colleagues and customers solve their challenges
• Our team is energetic, fun, naturally inquisitive and eager to make an impact, we invite you to join us!
A GLOBAL COMPANY WITH A LOCAL PRESENCE:
• We know that there are benefits of being in the office and working from home. WorkWave promotes a healthy work/life balance and provides employees with the flexibility of collaborating in the office or the option to work virtually if desired.
• We have employees in over 30 states, 7 countries and many regional offices - each with their own set of perks and opportunities to give back to the local community.
• Whether you work remotely or take advantage of one of our offices, you’ll find a community of WorkWavers that value diversity, and care deeply about our products, clients, our communities and each other.
RELAX, WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED:
• Employees can expect a robust benefits package, including health and dental, generous paid time off and 401k with company match
• Tuition reimbursement
• Robust Employee Assistance Program through TotalCare offering free counseling 24/7/365, plus financial counseling, legal guidance, adoption assistance services and much more!
• 24/7 access to virtual medical care with Teledoc
• Floating time off for holidays and/or your birthday
• Quarterly awards based on peer nominations
• Regional discounts and perks
• Opportunities to participate in charitable events and give back to the community
GROW WITH US:
• We understand the impact of attracting and keeping top talent and reward intellectual curiosity and a thirst for personal and professional growth
• Encouraging our employees that already have an intimate knowledge of and passion for our products to apply for other roles within our walls just makes sense!
• Our employees have access to extensive video libraries for soft skill and role specific training available 24/7 and live trainings are provided throughout the year
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
• 9 Time winner of Best Place to Work in New Jersey by NJBiz !
• WorkWave has been recognized with multiple awards for its outstanding products, growth and culture, including the Inc. 5000, SaaS Award, IT World Awards, Globe Awards, Silver Stevie Award for Employer of the Year, and Best Place to Work Inc. Magazine
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.