SaaS Product Manager
WorkWave is seeking an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver WorkWave’s vision and strategy and turns customers into raving fans. You’ll play a key role on our Product Development team -- specifically, you'll be responsible for:
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead in the development and implementation of Workwave’s strategic direction with a focus on the newest SaaS product offering for field service companies, working with a cross functional team to define product strategy and the product roadmap based on market trends, market opportunity, customer needs, competitive analysis and input from sales, marketing, customer success and analysts.
- Coordination with peers responsible for other WorkWave product offerings, ensuring the sharing of ideas and common element scope requirements.
- Participate as a member of the team that develops product and vertical strategy and direction. Work to ensure that the management team has clear, prompt visibility into resource requirements and deficits, product definition changes, and project status, and participate in product retrospectives for iterative improvements to the process.
- Ensure product related customer commitments are tracked, understood and delivered, including managing necessary internal and external communication of status and changes.
- Monitor and drive all phases of product initiatives and releases including: reviewing and/or writing market driven business requirements, working with business analysts on functional specs, and monitoring results of testing. Oversee supporting documentation, including release and launch package materials and packaged product documentation through to completion, including executive sign-off for initial and final release packages.
- Strategically guide cross-functional product launch programs; ensure integrated execution plans across marketing, sales, services, support, and training teams.
- Maintain strong working relationships with customers and prospects, working with internal stakeholders to define new product needs and wants. Obtain feedback from customers through running product planning and product review programs, drive selection and prioritization of customer-driven initiatives with internal decision makers, and communicate requirements to product development.
- Work with Product Marketing to conduct competitive analysis on current, planned, and potential future solutions: drive internal understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation.
- Work with product management and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles and own the product development roadmap.
- Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are designing great features for our customers.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Evaluate and validate with development teams the effort estimates for user stories and features.
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher – or the equivalent, preferably in relevant technical fields such as Computer Science, Analytics, etc.
- 5+ years of experience as a product owner or manager in an Agile software development environment
- Expertise communicating progress at each phase of development as appropriate, including published roadmaps, requirements and other information
- High degree of both technical expertise and business acumen
- Strong results-orientation combined with excellent judgment and problem-solving skills; track record of product success
- Must have experience of lead management and/or marketing automation software at a deep level
- Experience in Field Service and / or SaaS product delivery is desirable
- Demonstration of outstanding communication skills internally and externally, across teams and functions
- Demonstration of attention to detail, strong organization and planning skills
A FEW WORDS FROM THE HIRING MANAGER:
The pressure in this position over the upcoming year(s) will be high. I need a person with great energy and stamina, who can keep up with the increasing demands and “do whatever it takes”. I need a person who can work well across departments/teams effectively, keeping a cool head when things aren’t going according to plan. I need a person that is up for the challenge and is ready to quickly learn our customers and target industries, as well as the product. I need a person who can actively communicate the product vision and strategy to a broad ranging group, professionally and consistently.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US:
• We are laid back but buttoned up. We have a casual work environment with a passion for developing creative, innovative best in class solutions that directly contribute to the success of our customers
• We give a damn and deliver service and solutions that make a real difference in the lives of our clients and their businesses
• We embrace quirkiness by openly accepting others as they are and building strong partnerships based on trust
• Teamwork and collaboration is key to help our colleagues and customers solve their challenges
• Our team is energetic, fun, naturally inquisitive and eager to make an impact, we invite you to join us!
CUT THE COMMUTE!
• This position is based at our state of the art home office in the historic Bell Works complex located in Holmdel Township, New Jersey
• With everything you could find in a great downtown -- from restaurants and retail to art and culture the Bell Works “Metroburb” is a microcosm of innovation, possibility, and inspiration and WorkWave is proud to be a part of it
• We work hard but play hard too...need a break? Kick back in our common area, play a game of arcade basketball, video games in our game rooms or face off in a ping pong match
RELAX, WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED:
• Employees can expect a robust benefits package, including health and dental, generous paid time off and 401k with company match
• Tuition reimbursement
• Stay hydrated and recharge with plenty of water, coffee and tea
• Financial wellness and employee discount programs
• Health and wellness focused work environment - optional standing desks and office fitness challenges
• 401K-9 Doggie Daycare Discount Program
• Charitable donation match program
• Opportunities to participate in charitable events and give back to the community
GROW WITH US:
• We understand the impact of attracting and keeping top talent and reward intellectual curiosity and a thirst for personal and professional growth
• Encouraging our employees that already have an intimate knowledge of and passion for our products to apply for other roles within our walls just makes sense!
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
• 7 Time winner of Best Place to Work in New Jersey by NJBiz
• WorkWave has been recognized with multiple awards for its outstanding products, growth and culture, including the Inc. 5000, SaaS Award, IT World Awards, Globe Awards, Silver Stevie Award for Employer of the Year, and Best Place to Work Inc. Magazine