Senior Software Engineer, Mobile (Remote)
Holmdel, NJ /
WorkWave is looking for a software engineer to work on our core mobile applications. We’re looking for smart, hard-working people who see problems as challenges and strive to meet them. People with a high degree of ownership who can bring solutions to the table and consider the entire application when working on one small part. Successful candidates will be a critical link between our software support engineers and senior software engineers, playing a key role supporting the technical design, development, and troubleshooting of a market-leading mobile product for the field service industry.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Adhere fanatically to lean software development and continuous delivery methodologies
- Analyze alternatives for high-level design choices and make recommendations
- Decompose complex requirements into meaningful, manageable units of work
- Apply design patterns and technologies when appropriate without over-engineering solutions
- Own the responsibility of developing high quality software with the right balance of test automation
- Communicate efforts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Debug and resolve moderate to complex problems
- Independently perform problem determination and resolution
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Minimum 5+ years experience as a software developer, including at least three years of Mobile
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of native mobile applications (Android/iOS)
- Proven knowledge of object oriented languages like C#
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs
WHAT WOULD ALSO BE AWESOME:
- Experience with Xamarin.Android and/or Xamarin.iOS development
- Experience with ASP.NET Web API
A FEW WORDS FROM THE HIRING MANAGER:
“Hi there job seeker! Yes, I’m talking to you! We have a terrific group of developers here at WorkWave and we’d sure like you to join us! You’ll get to work on 4 really great Apps, one for each of our products. You can learn and grow and bring your hunger for knowledge to a team that knows what teamwork really means. If you’re the kind of developer that likes a challenge and is looking to grow your expertise, this is the place for you!”
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US:
• We are laid back but buttoned up. We have a casual work environment with a passion for developing creative, innovative best in class solutions that directly contribute to the success of our customers
• We care deeply and deliver service and solutions that make a real difference in the lives of our clients and their businesses
• We openly accept others as they are and build strong partnerships based on trust
• Teamwork and collaboration is key to help our colleagues and customers solve their challenges
• Our team is energetic, fun, naturally inquisitive and eager to make an impact, we invite you to join us!
CUT THE COMMUTE!
• This position is based at our state of the art home office in the historic Bell Works complex located in Holmdel Township, New Jersey
• With everything you could find in a great downtown -- from restaurants and retail to art and culture the Bell Works “Metroburb” is a microcosm of innovation, possibility, and inspiration and WorkWave is proud to be a part of it
• We work hard but play hard too...need a break? Kick back in our common area, play a game of arcade basketball, video games in our game rooms or face off in a ping pong match
• We know that there are benefits of being in the office and working from home. WorkWave promotes a healthy work/life balance and provides employees with the flexibility of collaborating in the office or the option to work virtually if desired
RELAX, WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED:
• Employees can expect a robust benefits package, including health and dental, generous paid time off and 401k with company match
• Tuition reimbursement
• Robust Employee Assistance program offering free counseling 24/7/365, plus financial counseling, legal guidance, adoption assistance services and much more!
• Health and wellness focused work environment - optional standing desks and office fitness challenges
• 401K-9 Doggie Daycare Discount Program
• Charitable donation match program
• Opportunities to participate in charitable events and give back to the community
GROW WITH US:
• We understand the impact of attracting and keeping top talent and reward intellectual curiosity and a thirst for personal and professional growth
• Encouraging our employees that already have an intimate knowledge of and passion for our products to apply for other roles within our walls just makes sense!
• Our employees have access to extensive video libraries for soft skill and role specific training available 24/7 and live trainings are provided throughout the year
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
• 9 Time winner of Best Place to Work in New Jersey by NJBiz !
• WorkWave has been recognized with multiple awards for its outstanding products, growth and culture, including the Inc. 5000, SaaS Award, IT World Awards, Globe Awards, Silver Stevie Award for Employer of the Year, and Best Place to Work Inc. Magazine
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
"WorkWave supports salary transparency, however please note that salary estimates provided by websites (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.) and not by WorkWave may not accurately reflect the actual salary range for the position."