San Francisco, CA /
WorkWhile is on a mission to help workers earn a better living and live better lives. 83 million Americans work hourly jobs, often with unpredictable schedules that pay close to minimum wage and offer limited benefits, leading to financial instability.
WorkWhile hires the best hourly workers and matches them with shifts that fit their skills, location, and life. Employers get access to a quality workforce, while employees get stable income and unmatched benefits, including access to credit and savings tools.
We have the audacious goal to align incentives and solve inefficiencies in the labor market, which is a massive addressable market opportunity. Our founding team is comprised of product and engineering leaders from Yahoo, Facebook, and AirBnB and we are backed by top tier investors.
About the role
This is an opportunity to be a founding engineer and take charge of all things frontend. You will be starting out from scratch, defining the overall architecture and building out the very first version of the mobile app. You will collaborate closely with the founders and play an integral role in shaping the product. You will have the opportunity to shape the engineering culture of a new team preparing for explosive growth.
- 3+ years of experience building frontend
- Strong CS fundamentals: algorithms, data structures and system design
- Advanced analytical thinking; experience with making product decisions based on data and A/B testing
- Thrives in an environment of ambiguity, fast pace, and change
- Enjoys balancing user needs, business needs, and technical trade-offs in a startup environment
- Have an appreciation for thoughtful user experiences, and an empathetic focus on the people we’ve set out to help
- Committed to improving the lives of low-wage workers
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field required
- Passion for continuous learning and improvement
WorkWhile is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.