Lead Frontend Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
We’re on a mission to help workers earn a better living and live better lives.
83 million Americans work hourly jobs, often with unpredictable schedules that pay close to minimum wage and offer limited benefits. No one desires to live under a cloud of financial instability, but that’s the unfortunate reality for many hardworking Americans. There are millions out there craving full-time hours, schedules that fit their lives, benefits, career development, and support from people who care about them.
At the same time, operationally-intensive businesses are suffering migraine-level headaches as they try to build productive, happy teams. For these businesses, workforce hiring and management has been a P0 mission-critical problem for most of the last decade. In 2022 alone, businesses threw $150bn+ at the temp staffing industry to help ease their woes.
We’re building a marketplace that makes it magically easy for operationally-intensive businesses to build, scale and manage their teams while providing workers with stable income and unmatched benefits.
With a small team, we’ve grown extremely fast and earned the trust of both workers and businesses that range from startups to Fortune 500s. We see ourselves as a scrappy upstart and delight in outcompeting larger incumbents. Our ambition is that when we succeed, our impact will be measured in GDP growth - that’s the scale.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with founders, design and other engineers to define, architect and build new features for our users.
- Lead frontend infrastructure development across web and mobile (e.g component library, testing, CI/CD etc.) to help your teammates speedily deliver features for our users.
What we’re looking for
- Self-sufficiency: pick a problem and drive results
- Expert-level skill with React and React Native
- Experience building frontend infrastructure (e.g component library, testing, CI/CD etc.) for your colleagues
- Curious to “go to ground” to understand our users and challenge assumptions
- Demonstrated initiative to up-skill oneself
- Clear verbal and written communication
WorkWhile is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.