San Francisco, CA /
WorkWhile is on a mission to help workers earn a better living and live better lives. 83 million Americans work hourly jobs, often with unpredictable schedules that pay close to minimum wage and offer limited benefits, leading to financial instability.
WorkWhile hires the best hourly workers and matches them with shifts that fit their skills, location, and life. Employers get access to a quality workforce, while employees get stable income and unmatched benefits, including access to credit and savings tools.
We have the audacious goal to align incentives and solve inefficiencies in the labor market, which is a massive addressable market opportunity. Our founding team is comprised of product and engineering leaders from Yahoo, Facebook, and AirBnB and we are backed by top tier investors.
About the role
Join our engineering team and take charge of all things backend. Provision servers, set up cloud deployments, create APIs that power our apps, and process all of the incoming data. With a massive amount of autonomy, ownership, and impact, you’ll focus on turning ideas into production code.
- 3+ years experience building production software
- Excited to work across a wide range of projects - from setting up cloud deployments to build the infrastructure and APIs that power our services
- Can explain why your favorite framework or language is both awesome and awful, and how we can gracefully integrate learnings from it into the trajectory we're currently on
- Able to lead technical design conversations
- Thrives in an environment of ambiguity, fast pace, and change
- Interested in close collaboration with all parts of the company
- Autonomous, self driven, and hungry to learn
- Committed to improving the lives of low-wage workers
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field required
- Available in San Francisco
WorkWhile is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.