San Francisco, CA /
WorkWhile is on a mission to help workers earn a better living and live better lives. 83 million Americans work hourly jobs, often with unpredictable schedules that pay close to minimum wage and offer limited benefits, leading to financial instability.
WorkWhile hires the best hourly workers and matches them with shifts that fit their skills, location, and life. Employers get access to a quality workforce, while employees get stable income and unmatched benefits, including access to credit and savings tools.
We have the audacious goal to align incentives and solve inefficiencies in the labor market, which is a massive addressable market opportunity. Our founding team is comprised of product and engineering leaders from Yahoo, Facebook, and AirBnB and we are backed by top tier investors.
About the Role
WorkWhile is looking for an operations superstar to lead our launch expansion. As a founding member of the team, you will help shape all aspects of our operations culture and have a hand in key company decisions. You will be responsible for designing and implementing our worker talent acquisition strategy and measuring results. You will work closely with product, marketing, and data science to provide the best experience to our worker partners.
WorkWhile has a diverse, mission-driven, and supportive culture—we look for people who want to take ownership, are energized by ambiguity, and strive to make a lasting impact. If this resonates with you, we’d love to chat!
- Be the chief “worker first” culture ambassador and empath to to our external partners
- Recruit and onboard talented partners to the WorkWhile platform
- Design and coordinate in-person and virtual onboarding sessions
- Collaborate with the data science team to forecast and manage WorkWhile’s future labor needs
- Collaborate with marketing partners to manage the partner acquisition funnel
- Be responsible for the NPS survey
- Develop the metrics and dashboards to help drive the business and measure success
- 2-5+ years experience in management consulting, offline operations, or other similar quantitative strategic role
- Self-starter able to drive projects to completion who is excited to be on a startup’s founding team
- Delights in creating order from ambiguity
- Comfort with SQL or willingness to learn quickly
- Superb oral and written communications skills
- Proven ability to recruit, organize, and lead a team (on the job or in other activities)Just as comfortable interacting with warehouse workers as the board of directors
- Able to communicate with data and work across teams
- Willing to work a shift once a month
- Knowledge of cognitive science / neuroscience research a plus
- Committed to improving the lives of low-wage workers
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
WorkWhile is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.