Cambridge, UK /
World Makers is a recently formed game studio focused on creating next generation multiplayer games. We're a remote friendly, independent studio primarily based in the UK. We love building games that are social, immersive, inclusive and fun.
Exceptional games require an exceptional team to make them. To that end, our studio puts the team first: we're building an inclusive culture that can best elevate every member of the team. If this resonates with you, we'd love to have you on board.
At our studio, Animators have the integral role of breathing life into our games and art. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their craft - and wants to make incredible worlds.
- Author, iterate, and polish both third and first person gameplay animations for our characters
- Work with designers to create animations that meet our visual goals whilst maintaining the required gameplay specification
- Import and test animations inside the game engine itself
- Give and receive constructive and creative feedback across the team
- Work with the engineering team on in-engine setup and to resolve technical issues
- 2+ years experience as an Animator at a game studio
- Excellent knowledge of using a 3D animation package (Maya, Motion Builder etc)
- Proficient in keyframe animation, creating strong and dynamic key poses
- A willingness to take creative ownership where appropriate
- A duty to take on out-of-scope responsibility where applicable to help ensure no one is blocked
- A degree in Animation or a related field
- Experience in importing and cleaning up motion capture data
- Experience in working in Unreal Engine, Unity or CryEngine
- Generous share option scheme
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Remote/hybrid work friendly
- Unlimited PTO