Cambridge, UK /
World Makers is a recently formed game studio focused on creating next generation multiplayer games. We're a remote friendly, independent studio primarily based in the UK. We love building games that are social, immersive, inclusive and fun.
Exceptional games require an exceptional team to make them. To that end, our studio puts the team first: we're building an inclusive culture that can best elevate every member of the team. If this resonates with you, we'd love to have you on board.
Gameplay Engineers at World Makers build the content that make our games fun. You'll work closely with our design and platform teams to create compelling multiplayer social experiences.
- Drive new gameplay features through all stages of development from ideation to release
- Work closely with the design team on the goals and implementation of game features
- Provide feedback and feature requests to the core engineering team to ensure all game features can be made efficiently
- Be involved with the design process providing feedback and helping with iterating on game designs
- Help establish and maintain engineering best practices throughout all projects
- Be a positive and proactive contributing team member working to solve problems
- 2+ years experience making games and programming in C++
- Experience working on networked games
- Solid understanding of mathematical principles relevant to game development
- Experience breaking down design documents into technical systems
- A passion for video games, with a keen eye for design intent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer Science or related degree
- Experience in working in Unreal Engine, Unity or CryEngine
- A strong knowledge of developing distributed networked systems with high throughput
- Experience with console development
- Generous share option scheme
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Remote/hybrid work friendly
- Unlimited PTO