Senior Project Manager
New York, NY
If you want to do work that is meaningful and makes a difference, we have good news! Despite what the majority of the agency world might think, it IS possible to grow a successful creative agency that is also mission-driven. In our case, Worn is driven to help female lead companies succeed and we’re looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead creative projects with us.
Take Women.nyc for example. The Mayor’s Office of NYC hired us to brand NYC as the best place in the world for women. We concepted and executed every detail of the campaign from its name and brand to who should be a partner and how to light up Washington Square Park with projections and a rally of influential women. On a project like this, the Senior Project Manager would be the lead conductor, presenting our campaign to the Deputy Mayor and First Lady, managing all moving parts of the project in strategy, creative, and production, ensuring the project stays on time and budget and managing the relationship with our clients in government and with outside agency partners.
A project like this is very fast paced and challenging and require at least 5 years of project management experience in a creative industry to be done well. We’re a small team working on several projects at once with female-led companies, so it's crucial that our Senior Project Manager shows up from day 1 ready to lead the team.
The opportunities that comes with a Senior Project Manager role is are: You will be a leader at Worn from the first day, owning your own projects and deciding what projects we work on along with the leadership team, shaping the direction that Worn grows as one of the first 20 employees, with lots of room to shape your role as you move up, learning how to build a business with a transparent and entrepreneurial leadership team, and making a difference in the world by supporting women-led companies and watching them grow and succeed.
This is what your first year will look like:
- You’ll lead multiple creative projects, with varying deadlines, most of which will be a combination of brand strategy, packaging, and web design
- You’ll own the timeline and budget for a project, making independent decisions on how to best spend time and dollars in order to produce the best creative work possible
- You’ll be the go-to communicator with clients, building long term relationships and seeing their companies grow and succeed
- Work closely with a Senior Strategist and VP of Strategy to build brands and companies from the ground up, identifying market opportunities and the secret sauce that will make new brands successful
- Confidently present creative work to clients, which are usually either company founders or CEOs
- You’ll grow your own team and help us build a tight-knit company where we put the success of women-led companies first
Desired skills and experience:
- Direct experience as a project manager (of 5+ years) is important. You will also need an eye for design and a passion for advertising.
- You have a deep understanding of project management, client management, workflow and infrastructure and you're 1000% confident leading clients and managing multiple moving parts of a project
- You have the ability to understand, motivate and support your team. You're able to clearly communicate the goals of the client working in collaboration with the strategy and design team.
Why should you want to work at Worn?
You could work anywhere, but you choose to work at Worn because you want to make a difference for women everyday while challenging yourself creatively, work with a close knit team that always has each other’s backs, have the opportunity to shape the future of a fast-growing company, create your own dream job based on your unique skills, and define what the future creative agency will look like.
Our philosophy is to always put people first. We’re never happy with good enough. Our clients love us because we’re focused on the big picture and their success. We work very hard, we have each other’s back, and we make each other better as people and professionals.
We also offer the following benefits:
Health, dental, vision insurance
25 paid company holidays
Cell phone reimbursements
Pre-tax commuter benefit
Peer-to-peer bonuses given out by fellow team members
Professional development budget for conferences such as Women in the World and the United State of Women Summit
Monthly company experience budget where each person gets to choose an adventure. Ex. cooking class, driving range, Jimmy Fallon!
You will get your own pair of fluffy slippers to wear in the office
We have a hypoallergenic puppy named Jack
Start date: Immediately
Location: Our NYC office in Williamsburg
Drop us a line via this form and let us know why you’re great and why you want to work at Worn. Please share your portfolio / reel here. We’re visual people who don’t really like resumes. Please send a video to email@example.com and answer the following questions:
What’s your superpower? (this can be a fun answer!)
What draws you to Worn vs any other agency?
Please talk about your experience in project management and what you could bring to Worn’s Strategy team.
What motivates you most?
Tell us about 3 of your personal values and why they’re important to you
If offered the position, when can you start?
Your video doesn't have to be of quality - a simple phone recording will do!
Yours in the hustle,