Senior Investment Associate
Palo Alto, CA
Investment & Acquisitions – Woven Capital Fund /
Woven by Toyota is the mobility technology subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation. Our mission is to deliver safe, intelligent, human-centered mobility for all.
Woven Capital is an $800 million dedicated fund that exists to create a global portfolio of partners and technologies that advance the vision and mission of Toyota. We do this by investing in growth-stage companies that have the potential to partner with us—across areas as diverse as the future of mobility, connected cities, next-generation vehicles, automation, hydrogen, batteries and electrification. We're committed to finding the latest, thoughtful businesses and helping them bring their concepts to a global market. As investors, we focus on creating long-term value for our customers, partners and society-at-large. And we do that by aligning our portfolio with the Toyota group of companies.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Woven Capital is seeking a Senior Investment Associate to join our growing team. Our fund is committed to strategic investments in cutting-edge technologies and innovative startups that embody Toyota's vision for the future of mobility. In this role, the Senior Investment Associate, will be instrumental in identifying, evaluating, and managing investment opportunities that foster growth and innovation within the automotive and related industries. This is a unique opportunity to work in the venture capital and corporate venture capital industry, supporting a global investment mandate. We firmly believe in building an exceptional team as a cornerstone of our success, and we foster a culture rooted in open discussion and collaboration. The new Senior Associate will join our diverse investment team, focusing on sourcing deal-flow, investments and strategic collaborations with Toyota globally. This role is US based in Palo Alto.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Your main areas of coverage and responsibility will include the following:
- Deal Sourcing and Screening: Proactively identify and assess potential investment opportunities by conducting market research and maintaining a strong network within the startup ecosystem. Screen and evaluate inbound investment inquiries, pitches, and applications for alignment with Woven Capital's investment thesis.
- Due Diligence: Conduct thorough due diligence on potential investment targets, including financial analysis, market research, and risk assessment. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess the strategic fit and potential impact of investments on Toyota's long-term goals.
- Financial Modeling & Analysis: Develop and maintain complex financial models to analyze the financial viability and potential returns of investment opportunities. Assist in the preparation of investment memos and presentations for internal stakeholders.
- Portfolio Management: Actively engage with portfolio companies to monitor performance, provide strategic guidance, and assess opportunities for value creation. Assist in managing relationships with key stakeholders and support the Woven Capital team members in their portfolio company board roles.
- Industry Research and Trend Analysis: Stay informed about industry trends, emerging technologies, and market dynamics relevant to Woven Capital's investment focus. Contribute to the development of thought leadership content and market insights.
- 5+ years of professional experience, including 3+ years of investment experience as an associate in venture capital funds.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, STEM or other quantitative disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in deal sourcing, due diligence, and financial modeling.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and strong networking skills.
- Patience in dealing with different cultures/languages and different decision-making mechanisms and logic.
- Excited to become a key member of building a new investment team, and to devote oneself to transforming a large traditional hardware manufacturer into a digital-ready software-first company.
- Patience in dealing with different cultures/languages and different time zones.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Knowledge of the mobility sector, autonomous mobility, software development, EVs/batteries, electrification and clean energy industries is valuable.
- Experience working, studying, or living in different cultures and geographies is a plus but not required.
- Having an extensive network in the startup and VC ecosystem is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM field and MBA degree is a plus.
- Experience in co-founding a startup is a plus.
$151,200- $176,400 a year
Your base salary is one part of your total compensation. At Woven by Toyota, we offer a base salary, a bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package. The California pay scale for this full time position is $151,200- $176,400. The total compensation offered to an employee will be dependent upon the individual's skills, experience, qualifications, location, and level.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are committed to creating a modern work environment that supports our employees and their loved ones. We offer many options of the best programs to allow you to do your most meaningful work and to help you shape the future of mobility.
・Excellent health, wellness, dental and vision coverage
・A rewarding 401k program
・Flexible vacation policy
・Family planning and care benefits
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: https://woven.toyota/en/applicant-privacy-notice
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from you will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.