Backend, Software Engineer, City Services
Woven City – Woven Inventor Garage /
Woven by Toyota is the mobility technology subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation. Our mission is to deliver safe, intelligent, human-centered mobility for all. Through our Arene mobility software platform, safety-first automated driving technology and Toyota Woven City — our test course for advanced mobility — we’re bringing greater freedom, safety and happiness to people and society.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. We leverage these complementary strengths to amplify the capabilities of drivers, foster happiness, and elevate well-being.
The Toyota Woven City is a fully connected ecosystem powered by hydrogen fuel cells to be built at the base of Mt. Fuji in Japan. It is envisioned as a 'living laboratory' and 'ever evolving,' incorporating various types of cutting edge technologies. At the same time, it is also 'human-centric,' that is, it is expected to keep people safe and comfortable.
Woven City's R&D team will develop innovative products and services using technologies developed by Toyota Motor Corporation.
Our mission is to:
1. Develop services and products for Woven City
2. Expand capabilities through long-term R&D
Toyota Motor Corporation has been involved in a variety of technological development in the robotics, energy, and automotive domains for a long time. Our team will leverage Toyota's hardware expertise in these fields to create new value by developing software on top of this.
Our team will develop innovative services that are essential to the city. As a first party developer, we will also build a foundation upon which third party partners can participate. Therefore, we are responsible for not just the applications but also the core software and capabilities.
Our team consists of many highly experienced members with international work experience. We strive to be open minded as we create a new culture with members from various backgrounds and nationalities. Our global team works closely with the Toyota Motor Corporation and the Toyota Research Institute in North America to develop our technologies and products.
We are seeking talented people to join us as we take on new challenges to create new products and services for the Toyota Woven City.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Want to work for a brand new innovative backend project in Tokyo?
Woven by Toyota is establishing an innovative city with cutting-edge technologies to provide the best services and solutions to the city's applications and customers.
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Backend Software Engineer to join our team of experienced developers and technical professionals.
If you are a self-motivated and independent engineer who we can trust to deploy the best services that Woven by Toyota has to offer to all users, we welcome you to join and contribute to the success of the entire team and organization.
Besides technical expertise, a "can-do" attitude is highly valued in Backend Service Team. This involves willingness to take on ownership, think outside the box to make changes and step up for challenges. We expect you to collaborate with all members, ready to jump in and help the team with your expertise, be creative to innovative solutions, and commit to our team's continuous delivery.
Join us at Woven by Toyota and let's write the new history together! We are waiting for you!!
- Build and maintain World-class backend services to empower the City
- Handle the entire DevOps process, from system design to daily operation
- Exercise technical judgments while working with cross-functional teams
- Set and achieve quarterly OKRs, report the development progress
- Collaborative, inclusive and respectful of each team member
- 2+ years experience of software development for large scale Application Service Provider product, including but not limited to; e-commerce, finance, IoT system
- Proficient in Java (Spring Framework) or Go-Lang (Gin or similar tools), SQL, Synchronous / Asynchronous communication protocols
- Experience in at least one of the following cloud development environments (AWS, GCP and MS Azure)
- Experience and knowledge in using various development and testing tools for efficient (DevOps., Git, GitHub, CI/CD tools, Jira)
- Business level written and spoken English
- BachelorÕs degree in computer science or a related technical field
- Experience in API development (OpenAPI Specification (OAS)) with microservices architecture using Kubernetes, EKS, Fargate
- Experience in system integration eg, using RESTful APIs and JSON
- Experience in messaging system and event-driven architecture, eg Kafka, MQTT
- Demonstrated experience in application support and lifecycle management, deployment management, environment configuration and software development lifecycle methodologies, tools and systems, including but not limited to; DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Continuous Delivery Development.
- Practical operation skills and knowledge of GitHub Actions and Jenkins
- Experience of DDD (Domain Driven Design)
If you are currently located outside of Japan we will set up an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
WHAT WE OFFER
・Competitive Salary - Based on experience
・Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
・Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
・Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
・Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by our company
・Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
・In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: https://woven.toyota/en/applicant-privacy-notice
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from you will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.