Senior Manager, HRIS - Japan
Remote, Japan /
Global Operations – Human Resources /
ABOUT WOVEN PLANET GROUP
Woven Planet Group (Woven Planet) represents a carefully curated blend of expertise and resources dedicated to bringing the vision of “Mobility to Love, Safety to Live” to life. Through innovations and investments in automated driving, robotics, smart cities, and more, we are transforming how humankind lives, works, and moves. We exist to design, build, and deliver secure, connected, and sustainable mobility solutions that benefit all people worldwide. Founded in 2018 as Toyota Research Institute - Advanced Development (TRI-AD), Woven Planet is composed of four complementary companies: Woven Planet Holdings, Woven Core, Woven Alpha, and Woven Capital.
Visit us to learn more: https://www.woven-planet.global/
This leader is responsible for developing and activating Woven Planet’s HRIS and HR systems strategy, reporting to the Director of HR Technology. You’ll work to identify and implement the HRIS system that best sets Woven Planet up for success. You’ll manage data governance and compliance to ensure we build processes that let our teams thrive. This is an opportunity to work on a global scale on issues that matter to both the business and the planet.
- In partnership with the HR Leadership Team, and other Business leaders and teams, this role will lead the design, implement and maintenance of an HRIS roadmap that enhances employee engagement and encourages retention.
- You will work as part of a global team with partners in Japan to align on standards and principles while adapting to local market needs.
- You’ll serve as a primary solutions architect, leading the overall vision for HCM systems including use, enhancement, and continuous evolution as we scale.
- You’ll help wrangle disparate systems to create a cohesive HRIS ecosystem for Woven Planet.
- You’ll create dashboard and data visualizations to keep the alignment in partnership with Total Rewards.
- You’ll support training and communications for new tools as you implement them.
- You’ll stay on the leading edge of local market practices, policies, trends, and requirements to ensure we remain legal and compliant, market competitive, practical, fair, and equitable.
- In partnership with Total Rewards, you’ll build people analytics offerings and regularly analyze, report, and distribute meaningful data to advise business leaders.
- You’ll assess, select, and manage vendor relationships, leveraging data and insights to measure success.
- Collaborate with other leaders and business partners on special projects and initiatives
- Work with leadership to develop strategies that ensure employee engagement, high morale, and retention with diversity, equity, and inclusion at the forefront.
- 7+ years progressive experience in HR functions with a focus on HRIS/systems, preferably in a growth environment.
- Direct and indirect experience leading teams and influencing progress.
- Proficient in technology and understanding of HR data management
- Experience building initial HCM plans in a start-up environment. You’re a builder and creator who is comfortable working toward tight timelines in ambiguity.
- You have experience building, supporting, and scaling broad-based tools in growth environments, ideally in a global organization and/or across multiple geographies.
- Program/project management experience during times of change management
- You’re an agile learner with experience building policies, processes, and tools from scratch.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and analyze business and financial decisions as they relate to the HRIS to ensure a practical and sustainable approach. You have an eye for detail.
- Excellent interpersonal/influencing skills, including the ability to build cross-functional relationships and leverage resources within the HR function
- Experience supporting M&A activities preferred
- PHR/SPHR Certification (or equivalent) preferred
- A great sense of humor preferred