Data Engineer (CO Applicants)
Remote, United States /
Engineering & Tech – Data Enablement /
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join and lead our growing Data Enablement team. In this role, you’ll design data engineering solutions for enterprise e-commerce, omnichannel retail, lead gen, and app-based clients with a variety of different MarTech/AdTech stacks. You’ll plan how data needs to flow across each client’s MarTech stack so the data can be used in Polaris, Wpromote’s proprietary tech platform. You’ll build data models within Polaris using BigQuery, designing them for use across Polaris reporting, apps, and media forecasting. The ideal candidate will be driven by a desire to design novel, elegant, and efficient solutions to data challenges that can then be automated and productized. They will enjoy the challenge of learning how to solve data engineering challenges with new ad platforms, mobile measurement partners, and analytics platforms our team has never seen before.
At Wpromote, we believe that great work is only possible with great people. Our goal is to build a better, more inclusive work environment and support our people at every stage of their careers by prioritizing a strong work-life balance through policies like unlimited PTO, half-day Fridays year round, flexible schedules, work from anywhere options, 100% paid parental leave, and 401(k) matching. As a Best Place to Work according to both Ad Age and Glassdoor and Adweek’s Fastest Growing Digital Agency, we are moving fast to expand our teams and bring new experts into the fold to keep pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in marketing.
*As required by C.R.S. § 8-5-201(2): The anticipated annual base salary for this role will range from $65,000 - $120,000, based on consideration of a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, education and certifications, and geographic location. Base compensation outside Colorado may differ. The total compensation package for this role will include benefits (listed below).
-Half-day Fridays year round
-Work from anywhere options
-100% paid parental leave
-Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Pet Insurance
-LinkedIn Learning Membership
**This position may be performed remotely in most states within the US, with some exclusions
***This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
You Will Be
- Mentoring and training junior Data Engineers and helping build team processes, such as QA
- Gathering data source, data joining, data model, and data transformation requirements from stakeholders (clients and internal teams) and working with the Reporting Solutions team to develop dashboards and Google Sheet outputs to validate data quality
- Managing and monitoring multiple data pipelines and ETL tasks related to multiple client data streams
- Assisting in the creation of a reliable and scalable infrastructure for data model builds, data set QA, and data set outputs
- Working with data integration managers, reporting solutions managers, client service team members, paid media channel managers, data analysts, and client-side marketing managers to understand and then execute against data transformation, data model, and inbound/outbound data pipeline requirements
- Experienced with one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, R, Shell) to update or troubleshoot existing scripts for basic BI use cases (e.g. data transformations, statistical tests and analyses, process automation)
You Must Have
- 3-4 years of experience in reporting, BI, or data engineering
- Advanced level Excel and Google Sheets experience
- Strong knowledge of database and data warehousing design and management
- Understanding of ETL process and data modeling experience using SQL, including Data Definition Language (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language (DML)
- Create and maintain documentation including requirements, design
- Experience reviewing existing processes and methods in order to identify possible opportunities for increasing efficiencies
- Solid attention to detail with the ability to debug and troubleshoot code/queries
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to present effectively and to explain algorithms and insights to major non-technical stakeholders
- Curiosity to continuously learn more about programming and digital marketing
- Familiarity with at least one BI solution (ex: Power BI, Tableau, Data Studio, Looker, Funnel, Domo, Datorama, MicroStrategy, etc.) and willingness and ability to quickly learn and become proficient across DataStudio, Tableau, Looker, and Power BI
- Knowledge with at least 1 cloud platform (ex: BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, etc.) and willingness and ability to learn and become proficient in BQ
- A collaborative mentality with the ability to work independently
- General business and marketing data acumen including an understanding of common marketing goals, KPIs, and tactics.
Nice To Have
- Experience leading and managing other Data Engineers
- Intermediate to advanced programming skills in Python
- Experience creating API calls for the purposes of gathering and storing large datasets (batch or streaming)Familiarity with CRM data
- Familiarity with the command line program
- Experience with data visualization and storytelling practices
- Ability to generate insights from data in the form of refined tabular and graphical reports, metrics, and ad-hoc analysis
- Understanding of cloud solutions such as S3, BigQuery, Airflow, dbt, etc. is a plus (ex: GCP, AWS, Azure)Familiarity with Git
- Working experience with digital media platforms (ex: Facebook, Google Ads, The Trade Desk, etc.)Knowledge/experience in the digital marketing industry
- Experience and/or certification in web analytics platforms (ex: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
Wpromote is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Wpromote.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. For more information on E Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.