Immigration Administrative Assistant - 2023856
Garden Grove, CA
USPGMS/ US Ministries – US Immigrant Legal Services /
Regular, Full-time /
World Relief is a global Christian humanitarian organization that is fighting for change that lasts, right here in the U.S. and across the globe. We bring sustainable solutions to the world’s greatest problems – disasters, extreme poverty, violence, oppression, and mass displacement. The organization is approximately 75 years old and has worked in over 100 countries around the world since its founding.
In the United States, we come alongside local churches, community organizations and hundreds of individual volunteers to support newly arriving refugee and other immigrant families. Today, we are proud to partner with over 6,000 local churches, and 95,000 volunteers globally to bring hope, healing and transformation to the most vulnerable.
Are you a person of compassion? An advocate for justice? Someone who stands up for the rights of the vulnerable and speaks out for the marginalized, the exploited and the forgotten? Do you believe in our calling as Christians to welcome the least of these and love our neighbor?
If you answered ‘yes’, to any of the above, World Relief, and millions of people around the world need you.
World Relief seeks an Immigration Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and clerical support to all the functions of the World Relief Southern California field office (WR SoCal).
Role & Responsibilities
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- FRONT DESK RESPONSIBILITIES 70%:
- Greet, welcome, and direct visitors appropriately
- Answer phone calls, review voicemails, and respond to email inquiries
- Schedule in-person or virtual appointments utilizing Acuity scheduling platform along with Microsoft Outlook
- Facilitate basic in-person and telephone intake of new and returning clients for purposes of scheduling and relaying messages to ILS staff, Case Management staff, and Church and Community Engagement staff.
- Open, date stamp, distribute and process incoming mail
- Prepare outgoing mailings and take them to the post office
- Prepare invoices and receive payment for ILS services rendered
- Maintain organization and cleanliness in the front reception area
- Maintain clear communication with ILS team, other World Relief staff, clients, volunteers and outside agencies
- IMMIGRATION LEGAL ASSISTANT RESPONSIBILITIES 20%:
- Provide potential clients with checklists and questionnaires to prepare for upcoming appointments with an ILS representative
- Facilitate client communication regarding case updates, requests for new services, and referrals to other programs/legal counsel
- Translate documents from Spanish to English and English to Spanish
- Assist staff members in organizing case files, including scanning files to computer database (SharePoint & LawLogix case management software)
- Input case-related information into case management system
- Assure that client e-files and records are kept in a functional and orderly manner
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- OFFICE OPERATIONS 10%:
- Track and mail out invoice payments to vendors and other office payments
- Assist with improvement of internal administrative systems
- Develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping
- Work closely with management team to perform analysis of inventory and ensure efficient utilization of inventory and maintain solid inventory data
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Desire and ability to work with people of diverse ethnicity, nationality, religion, language, sexual orientation, and gender expression
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Exceptional oral communications skills
- Accurate data entry skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Confidentiality and professionalism
- Mature and personal Christian faith
- Committed to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief
- Desire to serve and empower the Church to impact vulnerable communities
- Able to affirm and/or acknowledge World Reliefs Core Beliefs, Statement of Faith, Christian Identity and National Evangelicals For the Health of The Nation document
- H.S. Diploma
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2- years’ work experience in an administrative/operations role preferred
- Knowledge of various forms of immigration relief preferred
- Proficiency in legal terminology and immigration database software preferred
- Exceptional recordkeeping and communication skills
- Bilingual: Spanish and English fluency in spoken and written Spanish, including the ability to translate documents from Spanish to English and English to Spanish
$20 - $22 an hour
Commensurate with experience
World Relief offers a competitive benefits package (25 hours + per week):
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Offer 16 company Paid Holidays + 4 additional Personal days per year!
- Paid Sick and Vacation Time
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks for qualified employees)
- FSAs: Medical & Dependent Care, & Commuter Funding
- Supplemental Life Insurance (employee, spouse, and children)
- Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident insurance policies
- Legal Shield Insurance
World Relief pays 100% for eligible employees:
- Group Term Life (employee, spouse, and children)
- Long Term & Short-term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Long Distance Travel Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
World Relief - Retirement:
- 401K & Roth
- WR matches up to 4%, then an additional quarter percent up to 10%
- Eligibility: Full Time (40 hours per week) is eligible after 3 months of employment. Part time is eligible after 1000 hours in a year.
World Relief Discounts (Immediately Eligible):
- Pet Insurance through Nationwide
- Home and Auto insurance through Liberty Mutual
- Working Advantage Discount Program
- Active & Fit Gym Membership
World Relief is honored to be recognized with the Silver-level Cigna Healthy Workforce Designation for exceeding the core components of our well-being program including leadership and culture, program foundations and execution, and whole person health.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
· The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds.
· Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
· The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
· General office setting. World Relief also offers hybrid and remote schedules for limited positions.
· Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in virtual meetings may be required.
· Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
· Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
· Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
· All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
For World Relief staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief is essential, and Christian faith is a prerequisite for employment, based upon United States federal guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Legal Background in the United States
World Relief is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. World Relief strictly prohibits and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination against employees on the basis of person’s race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law, which does not conflict with the protections afforded World Relief as a faith-based employer.
In addition, physical or mental limitations will not be a factor in the application of World Relief's employment policies or employee practices, except for those situations in which occupational requirement make consideration of such factors necessary.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) World Relief has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with World Relief’s Statement of Faith.