Finance Specialist Immigrant Program Support
Carol Stream, IL /
USPGMS/ US Ministries – US Finance /
World Relief is a global Christian humanitarian organization that is fighting for change that lasts, right here in the U.S. and across the globe. We bring sustainable solutions to the world’s greatest problems – disasters, extreme poverty, violence, oppression, and mass displacement. The organization is approximately 75 years old and has worked in over 100 countries around the world since its founding.
In the United States, we come alongside local churches, community organizations and hundreds of individual volunteers to support newly arriving refugee and other immigrant families. Today, we are proud to partner with over 6,000 local churches, and 95,000 volunteers globally to bring hope, healing and transformation to the most vulnerable.
World Relief seeks a Finance Specialist Immigrant Program Support to provide financial and budget management assistance to the wide variety of funding streams that support the Immigrant Family Services and related programs (Family Case Management, Employment, Counseling). Reporting directly to the Finance Director this position also works under the oversight of the Immigrant Family Services Director and in conjunction with other Senior Finance Specialists, Family Case Management, Employment and Counseling program management staff.
Compensation: $22.00 - $24.00 DOE
Local candidates only (must be able to commute to local office).
Role & Responsibilities
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Immigrant Family Services Program Finance and Budget Maintenance
- Work with the Finance Director, Immigrant Family Services Director and partner Senior Finance Specialist to develop and implement a portion of the Immigrant Family Services Program budget
- Work with Family Case Management, Employment, and Counseling (other related programs) management staff to develop and implement related program budgets
- Allocate Immigrant Family Services and other related program staff time and expenses to the appropriate funding sources
- Create and maintain Excel files for all assigned Immigrant Family Services and other related program funds. Maintain electronic files, including copies of Approved Budgets and Amendments
- Grant Reporting
- Prepare financial reports for grantors and as needed internally for WR Chicagoland
- Make suggestions for and prepare budget revisions as required by grantors
- Coordinate with the Development Team for any required reporting for private grants of foundations
- Immigrant Family Services Program Administration
- Assist Immigrant Family Services and other program staff with timecards and allocations. Ensure that appropriate codes are in UKG Pro.
- Coordinate as necessary with Office Manager and Finance Director regarding payroll matters
- Maintain records and define allocations for all client related expenses within the purview of the grants managed
- Provide general administrative finance support to Immigrant Family Services Director and Managers as needed
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience using Excel, with skills in basic bookkeeping and budgeting procedures
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize concerns and urgent tasks
- Flexible, with good problem-solving skills
- Cross-cultural experience is preferred but not required
- Mature and personal Christian faith
- Committed to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief
- Desire to serve and empower the Church to impact vulnerable communities
- Able to affirm and/or acknowledge World Reliefs Core Beliefs, Statement of Faith, Christian Identity and National Evangelicals For the Health of The Nation document
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to use with fluency Microsoft programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
World Relief offers a competitive benefits package for Part-time positions (less than 25 hours per week):
-Offer 16 Paid Holidays (Regular Part Time)
-Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
-Additional Benefits available as required by State/Local law
World Relief - Retirement:
-Eligibility: After 1000 hours in a year
-Automatically enrolled at 4%
-401K & Roth through Fidelity
-WR matches up to 4%, then an additional quarter percent up to 10%
World Relief Discounts (Immediately Eligible):
-Pet Insurance through Nationwide
-Home and Auto insurance through Liberty Mutual
-Working Advantage Discount Program
World Relief is honored to be recognized with the Cigna Healthy Workforce Designation, Silver Level for meeting or exceeding the core components of our well-being program including leadership and culture, program foundations, program execution, and whole person health.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
· The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds.
· Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
· The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
· General office setting. World Relief also offers hybrid and remote schedules for limited positions.
· Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in virtual meetings may be required.
· Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
· Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
· Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
· All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
For World Relief staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief is essential, and Christian faith is a prerequisite for employment, based upon United States federal guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Legal Background in the United States
World Relief is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. World Relief strictly prohibits and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination against employees on the basis of person’s race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law, which does not conflict with the protections afforded World Relief as a faith-based employer.
In addition, physical or mental limitations will not be a factor in the application of World Relief's employment policies or employee practices, except for those situations in which occupational requirement make consideration of such factors necessary.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) World Relief has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with World Relief’s Statement of Faith.