Cloud System Administrator 2
San Antonio, Texas
KR Team /
Cloud Engineering (Full-Time) /
Senior Linux System Administrator to perform functions in a dynamic and operational environment supporting cloud-based repositories. A successful candidate for this position has experience working with large Hadoop and Accumulo based clusters and interfacing with hardware, software, security, and network teams. Experience with Bash, Python, and configuration management tools such as Puppet preferred. Responsibilities include monitoring systems and resolving or escalating network and data flow alerts for cloud systems hardware, software or network issues. Experience with large Hadoop and Accumulo based clusters sustaining a strong background in troubleshooting operational system issues as they arise required. Performance in a fast-paced mission environment where requirements change on a daily basis due to operational and world events.
- Monitor system health
- Troubleshoot system problems
- Maintain storage systems
- Interface with external teams for hardware, network, and infrastructure support
- Provide after-hours on-call/call-in support
- Ensure system security requirements are satisfied
- Participate in engineering discussions
- Create/maintain system scripts
- Patch/upgrade system
- Administer user accounts
- Maintain hardware inventory
- TS/SCI with Agency Appropriate Polygraph
- Three (3) years experience is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics is highly desired and will be considered equivalent to two (2) years of experience
- Hadoop/Cloud System Administrator Certification or comparable Cloud System/Service Certification is required
- Advanced knowledge of SSH tunneling and protocols including the implementation of dynamic SOCKS proxies as well as other ssh-based utilities, including rysn, pdsh, pdcp, and WinSCP.
- Basic understanding of low level network concepts including vlans, port channel bonding and layer2/layer 3 switch interactions.
- Familiarity with software load balancers for large scale webservice implementations including haproxy and nginx
- Experience with Kubernetes orchestration services and Dockerimages.
- Experience with log aggregation and search tools including ElasticSearch, logstatsh, filebeats, Grafana, and rsyslog.
Wyetech, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.