Community Relations Manager
Clackamas, Oregon /
Community Relations – Community Relations /
We are WYLD, the #1 selling edibles brand in America. We are an ambitious group of people that embrace challenges, test boundaries, and live life to the fullest. We're always up for an adventure and ready to see how far we can push ourselves and the limits. We love what we do and we work hard to bring you the best cannabis edibles on the market.
The Community Relations Manager is responsible for the creation and sustaining of positive relationships with community members, nonprofit organizations, and fellow employees in line with company goals. They carefully develop a strategy designed to make positive contributions to a local area while raising awareness for their company. The Community Relations Manager will have strong presentation skills and a desire to interact with a variety of groups can succeed in this role.
The Community Relations Manager will be responsible for directing and/or administering charitable contributions, grants and volunteer opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key contact, builder and maintainer for business leaders, and local and national organizations that support and drive Wyld initiatives
- Plans, develops, implements, and organizes events and volunteers to advance the mission and goals of the company
- Organizes community outreach programs and coordinates special events that will promote the ideas of the company and/or outside organizations supported by the company
- Manage the company social media and marketing presence as it relates to promoting events, initiatives and partnerships
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the community relations department
- Ensure that departmental goals and milestones are met
- Drafts and distributes/publishes various content pieces that promote company initiatives
- Select positive publicity materials and distributes them through a variety of channels
- Respond to inquiries from community members and other interested parties; when needed, recruits a knowledgeable spokesperson or information source to assist
- Plan, coordinate, and execute special events
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Business Administration, Education, Public Affairs, Public Administration, or related area. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Five years’ progressively responsible, professional experience related to area of assignment, including two years of lead or supervisory experience
- Skills in developing plans and managing projects
- Demonstrable experience in preparing a variety of community and public relations materials, such as news releases, op-eds, factsheets, postcards, talking points, etc
- History of developing and maintaining relationships with members of the community, government agencies, media, business and industry
- Experience in navigating sensitive or complex political issues
- Experience in the facilitation of groups and processes
- Experience in planning and executing events.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google G Suite
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work extremely well as part of a team
- Ability to evaluate cost of a program and compare it to the benefits for the organization
- Excellent persuasion skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage sensitive or controversial subjects with tact, kindness, and professionalism
- Active Oregon Liquor Control Commission (“OLCC”) marijuana worker permit required
- Occasional travel
- Flexible work schedule will be required
This is a full-time position with an annual salary based on experience, paid holidays, PTO and fully paid health, dental and vision insurance.
Wyld is an equal opportunity employer.