Kirkland, WA /
Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a rapidly growing tech startup based in Kirkland, Washington which is an outstanding city 6.4 miles East of downtown Seattle and nestled around beautiful Lake Washington! We also have offices in Beijing and Shenzhen, China!
We’re a team of innovators and tech enthusiasts obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully crafted smart home devices should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
A Look Inside the Role...
The Senior Designer role is a great opportunity for someone looking to design and lead a team to create solutions and experiences that will have high customer visibility. You will be expected to deliver visually appealing product pages, and design elements to improve the e-commerce workflow. We are the direct connection between Wyze and our users to bring as much value to them as possible. Our team works closely together across multiple subject areas (business, design, and development) but we do not believe in micromanagement so being autonomous is key. You will work on many projects involving the web, mobile, and potentially other screens involving different e-commerce projects and customer experiences. We are a small, yet very efficient, driven, and collaborative team, so we are looking for someone who shares our values and company culture to make smart technology accessible for all. If you are looking to create push boundaries of e-commerce, work at a great company where every day presents new captivating challenges, then this is the position for you.
You already have these qualifications and enjoy what you do:
- Lead a team of designers to accomplish goals and KPIs
- Take a user-centered approach to designing products, seek feedback, clarity, and challenge our assumptions.
- Ability to determine the right level of fidelity for a given challenge; should be comfortable communicating ideas visually from a whiteboard, a sketchpad, wireframes, and visual mockups
- An effective communicator: never hides bad news, confronts roadblocks that pop up, and challenges ideas while keeping an open mind and seeking to learn new things
- Experience in designing large scale customer-facing UX products and interfaces
- Experience working with engineers to construct dynamic, interactive designs that are technically feasible
- Experience designing for multiple devices, such as mobile, web, and screens
- Experience conducting research or working with our partners in UX Research to transform customer insights into new features and experiences for our customers.
- Mentor, lead, and develop designers within our organizations and help build a vibrant design culture.
What to bring...
- A strong portfolio that shows your beautiful work and the process you used to arrive at it.
- Preferred Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD (BFA, Visual Communications, Interaction Design, Human Factors, HCI, Cognitive Science, Psychology, or relevant field.).
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, Framer, Principle, etc.
- A steadfast desire for innovation, balanced with business and user interaction priorities
- Always asks if something can be better, loves trying new things, and iterating toward a better solution.
Bonus points if you can say yes to any of the following:
- Have an interest in how smart home technology, AI, and design can work together to bring richer and fuller experiences to users
- Enjoy challenges and a fast-paced environment that is comfortable with ambiguity, and solve problems creatively
- Expertise in marketing and/or eCommerce
- Like pushing boundaries to challenge the “norm”
- Strong project management skills with the ability to define, plan, and lead projects
- Use smart home devices in your daily life 🎉
If this sounds too good to be true and you are ready to be part of #teamwyze then we want to hear from you! Please send us your resume or detailed LinkedIn profile and tell us a little about yourself with a cover letter that showcases some of the outstanding things you can do!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Lastly and incredibly important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as well as inclusion at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. That’s how we do things!