Senior Software Product Manager (Bilingual in Mandarin/English)
Kirkland, WA /
Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a tech startup based in Kirkland, WA.
We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
We launched our first smart home camera, Wyze Cam, in October 2017. We also sell Wyze Cam Pan, a pan & tilt camera.
What is this opportunity?
If you have the spirit of an entrepreneur and enjoy a fast pace environment, this opportunity is for you. We are growing rapidly and looking for team members who have the energy to work in a quickly moving industry. We are a user centric company, being able to understand our customers and our users is one of the aspects to success in our company.
As a Technical Product Manager (TPM) you will lead your team on technical features. You are the ‘engine’ of your team to build the core foundation for Wyze ecosystem. You will work with different product managers for various IoT devices (e.g. cameras, sensors, plugs, locks) to best present them in Wyze system. You will work with partners to provide generic solutions for individual requests. You will abstract and internalize the needs from individual products and turn them into technical specs for developers. For example, you will define ‘Home’ concept for Wyze system, you will define universal setup and upgrade experience for Wyze products. Developers are your teammates to provide technical solutions as a team. Your team’s deliverables include app, cloud, and firmware releases. Together with your team, you design and deliver platform level solutions for individual problems. During development phase, you will own execution of the plan and make sure to deliver the project on time and with high quality.
- Scope and deliver large, complex projects end-to-end for new initiatives
- Lead the technology road map for multiple core areas within the Wyze IoT platform
- Work closely with internal and external customers, be keen on identifying common needs from individual requests, translate business requirements into technical/functional spec
- Foresee future changes, lead the feature team to provide expandable and scalable solutions
- Be futuristic and realistic, scope complex problems into multiple stage release plan
- Work with developer to create a detail development plan with accurate estimates
- Build project plans, balancing business needs with project risks and resource availability
- Drive project schedules from design to release, communicate to stakeholders, and manage the production launch on time with high quality
- Lead BI effort in your areas to better understand your customers and your product
- Drive group level process improvements for engineering excellence
- Define and build metrics to monitor system health proactively
- BA/BS in engineering or related majors.
- Excellent internal and external communication skill.
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycle
- 4+ years of product management experience in similar industry.
- 3+ years of experience in consumer internet technologies.
- Successful customer management experiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Mandarin.
- Former experience in platform level product involvement
- Former development/testing experience for released products (not prototypes)
- Former experience with software releases and agile development
- Former experience with IoT and/or smart home products.
- Be active and passionate participant in Smart Home products
- Be available during some weekday nights to communicate with partners from China
If this sounds too good to be true and you are ready to be part of #teamwyze then we want to hear from you! Please send us your resume or detailed Linkedin profile and tell us a little about yourself with a cover letter that showcases some of the outstanding things you can do!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Lastly and incredibly important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as well as inclusion at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. That’s how we do things!