Senior Software Engineer (Cloud Services Team)
Kirkland, WA /
Who we are:
Wyze is a tech startup based in Kirkland, WA. We’re a team of innovators and tech enthusiasts passionate about making smart home products accessible to everyone.
Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
Since launching our first smart home camera, Wyze Cam, in October 2017, Wyze has continued to bring new, innovative products to our users. You can learn more about Wyze and our various products at wyze.com.
What the Opportunity is:
We are seeking a *Senior Software Engineer* who brings a passion for connected home technology to help us advance Wzye's capabilities in the Home whilst delivering intuitive and delightful experiences to millions of customers.
Our team is developing the next ambitious revolution in the home automation space; an opportunity to build and next Alexa/ Google Assistant by designing highly scalable cloud back-end services to support large traffic volume under thorough network security consideration, designing simple and concise REST API interfaces for serving private and public utilization purposes, developing, deploying, patching and operating cloud-based back-end solutions.
We have an outstanding space and exciting road map in which to innovate, be challenged, and have an impact. Would you like to join us?
- Craft technical solutions for scalable, secure, and operable cloud services
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs by conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas by following the software development life-cycle, identifying and resolving the ambiguities between business logic and implementation level
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Staying ahead with state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly, and get things done.
- Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving customer needs
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate highly technical data to various stakeholders
- Proficiency in Java, C#, C++, Python
- Solid experience in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud (preferred)Experience with back-end server development, containers, NoSQL databases, Machine Learning, MapReduce, distributed file systems
- Solid fundamentals in OO design, patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Proven track record of architecting performant scalable, secure, and reliable distributed services
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Ability to prioritize and strategize in a variety of project areas and take care of ambiguity in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated ownership of large multi-functional and multi-team projects
- Proven technical leadership, education, and team mentorship
- Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or another degree with 6+ years of work experience as a software developer
If you are passionate about democratizing IoT capabilities, thrive in a start-up environment, and have fun solving sophisticated technical problems, we would like to talk to you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.