Kirkland, WA /
Who we are:
Wyze is a tech startup based in Kirkland, WA. We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone.
Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
Since launching our first smart home camera, Wyze Cam, in October 2017, Wyze has continued to bring new, innovative products to our users. You can learn more about Wyze and our various products at wyze.com.
What the Opportunity is:
We are looking for a capable System Security Engineer, who enjoys security work and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the security space. You will make things more secure by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data. Qualified candidates will have a background in security or systems engineering.
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Review network threat model and architecture design in software design phase and audit security setting before release
- Deep knowledge of computer network, security and system architect design
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in Computer Engineer, Computer Science, Electronics Engineer or other degree with 5+ years work experience as software developer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.