Senior Software Engineer (System and Tools)
Kirkland, WA /
Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a rapidly growing tech startup based in Kirkland, Washington which is an amazing city 6.4 miles East of downtown Seattle and nestled around beautiful Lake Washington! We also have offices in Beijing and Shenzhen, China.
We’re a team of innovators and tech enthusiasts obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features to and continuously improve our
products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise—beautifully designed smart home devices should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
This role is based full-time Kirkland, and we are happy to help new folks relocate to this tech-savvy city!
How You Will Make an Impact
You are passionate about IoT and our products and mission. The Software Engineer (System and DevOps) will help support IoT cloud back-end systems by designing highly scalable infrastructure architecture for large traffic volumes with thorough network security considerations. Developing new features and tools to help development teams in their efforts, manage, maintain and add additional features to already existing toolset based on company needs as well as implement maintain and manage monitoring tools for different pieces of development technical stack.
This role will also be responsible for implementing and enforcing standard methodologies for SDLC in Wyze and establishing the engineering culture in the team. The role requires the candidate to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a proven track record of delivery and excellent engineering skills, and be capable to balance engineering quality, other team priorities, and operation issues. The candidate must be capable of working across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time with a strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
A Look Inside the Role...
- Help design and implement solutions for different needs of development teams
- Help different teams in achieving a no-hands approach to SDLC
- Drive and implement our Cloud platform strategy, provide support, and improve our platform and compatibility
- Drive and implement continuous monitoring capabilities for different aspects of SDLC
- Support our CI/CD platform which includes Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Git, Jenkins, Helm, and AWS
- Help migrate and maintain zero downtime goals for services in a multi-region environment
- Help improve load testing frameworks and add features based on different teams’ requirements
- Develop security in transit and at rest architectures for different tools
- Investigate, and resolve incidents and issues across the entire production stack
You already have these qualifications and love what you do!
- Master or PhD degree in Computer Engineer, CS or a closely related field or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science plus 5+ years work experience
- Solid experience using AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language such as Python, Shell or Node.js
- Proficiency with Java or C++ and deep understanding of modern programming language design principles
- Solid experience using CICD pipelines and implementing them with tools such as jenkins, CircleCi, azure devops or aws code pipelines
- Solid understanding of computer network, security and architecture design patterns
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and be comfortable working with multiple stakeholders to understand and explain highly technical information in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to strategize in a variety of project areas and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Proven experience in a System/DevOps engineering role
Bonus points if you can say yes to any or all of the following:
- You have experience in technology and/or startups
- Experience working in a cloud environment such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
If this sounds too good to be true and you are ready to be part of #teamwyze, then we want to hear from you! Please send us your resume or detailed LinkedIn profile and tell us a little about yourself with a cover letter that showcases some of the amazing things you can do.
We will ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Lastly, and incredibly important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as well as inclusion at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. That’s how we do things!