Manager, Financial Reporting
Kirkland, WA /
Finance & Accounting /
Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a rapidly growing tech startup based in Kirkland, Washington which is an outstanding city 6.4 miles East of downtown Seattle and nestled around beautiful Lake Washington! We also have offices in Beijing and Shenzhen China.
We’re a team of innovators and tech enthusiasts passionate about making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully crafted smart home devices should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
<< Local candidates only/No relocation available >>
- Lead accounting and disclosure guidance adoptions
- Research accounting transactions, prepare accounting position papers and prepare supporting schedules for implementing new accounting guidance
- Manage administration of stock award activity
- Prepare and review financing-based transactions including stock-based compensation, debt financing, and other financing events
- Participate in the annual audit and quarterly review process with external auditors
- Implement and maintain disclosure controls
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed to support the accounting department
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years related experience in public accounting or private industry
- Big 4 experience preferred
- 2+ years’ experience with SEC reporting highly desired
- Technical accounting knowledge and research experience
- Excellent communication written and verbal skills
- Ability to explain complex issues to non-subject-matter experts
- Ability to effectively lead meetings and discussions with all levels of employees and third parties in attendance
- Strong business acumen, communication skills, negotiation and influencing skills, team orientation, strong presentation skills and strong systems skills and knowledge
- Proficient in Excel and MS Word
If this sounds too good to be true and you are ready to be part of #teamwyze then we want to hear from you! Please send us your resume or detailed LinkedIn profile and tell us a little about yourself with a cover letter that showcases some of the outstanding things you can do!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Lastly and incredibly important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as well as inclusion at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. That’s how we do things!