Los Angeles, CA /
XCLAIM is digitally transforming bankruptcy claims trading, a debt instrument market in the order of hundreds of billions of dollars a year, by introducing modern technology to an antiquated industry.
What do we do:
It may sound a little dry but in actuality, it’s a space begging for digitization. When a company files for bankruptcy its outstanding payables are transformed into unsecured claims, and the vendors become creditors. Since 1978, the process to source and transact on these financial instruments has remained largely the same: mass-mailings, cold calls, and wet-ink signatures on paper forms. The "Main Street" creditors are often unaware of the value of their claim, and Wall Street has benefited by taking advantage of these parties' lack of understanding of the bankruptcy process to buy these claims for discounted prices. XCLAIM is introducing knowledge, fairness, and liquidity through efficiency into an existing but outdated $400B capital market.
Who we are:
Our team consists of industry and functional experts, with decades of combined experience in bankruptcy, restructuring and software engineering. We are driven by our shared mission of creating an efficient and balanced digital marketplace. Although we are still building, we recently closed a $4M seed round led by First Round Capital, and have already secured a majority of digital market share through exclusive data sharing agreements.
We use Ruby on Rails, TypeScript, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, React.js, and AWS infrastructure.
Applicants must live in Los Angeles, CA, or be willing to re-locate (when safe to do so).
What You Will Do:
- Inspire and lead the team of engineers, in collaboration with the Chief Technology Officer, to do their best work.
- Provide technical guidance to engineers.
- Lead the development and maintenance of all XCLAIM applications and monitor their performance.
- Be an active leader during engineering meetings (stand-ups, sprint open/close, etc.) to provide immediate and actionable feedback on team progress.
- Review and comment on pull requests, ensuring all code is well-written, readable, and properly styled.
- Write great code.
- Assume responsibility for all engineering deliverables and schedule.
- Manage relationships with engineering teams of external partners (i.e., Claims Agents) to maintain regular and productive communication.
- Provide clear communication to other teams of any interruption to the expected schedule.
- Innovate and contribute to the analysis, design, critique, and continual improvement of the site architecture and its components, processes, tools, and methodologies.
- Evaluate the performance of the engineering team as a whole and as individuals.
- Ensure engineers are on task and performing at their highest level.
- Keep up-to-date with current trends, techniques, and technologies.
What You Need:
- Minimum four years of professional engineering experience.
- Experience leading and managing engineers.
- Generalist attitude and the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with a small team.
- Hands-on knowledge of Ruby on Rails and TypeScript. and a front end framework (React, Angular, Vue, etc.).
- Proficiency in SQL database design and query patterns.
XCLAIM is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law