Los Angeles, CA /
Product Management /
Full-time (Remote Optional)
XCLAIM was founded in 2018 and has teammates across the US. Utilizing our proprietary platform we have created a global marketplace that connects creditors with debt investors who buy bankruptcy claims. It may sound a little dry but in actuality, it’s a space begging for digital transformation.
As a Product Manager you will own key focus areas of the XCLAIM Marketplace and help grow the business. You’ll be responsible for the end-to-end success of initiatives that delight our customers and further XCLAIM’s vision to transform bankruptcy claims trading. You’ll design, build, and implement features that help grow the Marketplace.
We approach our team much like we approach our product: with honesty, inclusion, integrity, dedication, and joy. Our guiding principles are a great way to get a snapshot into how we approach our days, and we welcome you to review them:
Our Vision: To be the world's leading exchange for the global debt markets.
Our Core Values:
Unimpeachable Integrity - Our users entrust us with protecting their money, their businesses, and their livelihoods. They look to us for help. We take that responsibility seriously.
Rigorous Thinking - We attack our own ideas and seek to be proven wrong. We own our mistakes.
Diversity of Thought - The best ideas come from a collaboration of many people from different backgrounds and experiences. We don't try to invent new ingredients. We develop the best recipe.
Make it Better - There is always a brighter future. It's our job to realize it.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment and want to have a major impact, then this might be your place!
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs and define new features and processes for how we approach jobs-to-done within large and small financial institutions.
- Use insights and data to proactively identify product opportunities (buy-side and sell-side) that will add value for our market participants, partners, and internal teams.
- Monitor the XCLAIM Marketplace and proactively address competitive opportunities.
- Collaborate with engineering to define the scope, data relationships, and technical implementation of new integrations and manage existing integrated vendor technologies.
- Own and define the business metrics and product KPIs for your focus areas and know how to track, analyze, and report on them regularly.
- Financial software development knowledge.
- Experience in marketplaces or exchanges (a bonus but not required).
- Experience managing the full product-lifecycle from: MVP to release to post-launch and to operational growth and to deprecation.
- Experience defining requirements, building integration experiences, and working with 3rd party APIs.
We’re looking for someone who has:
You'll do well in this role if this describes you:
- You have 5+ years of product management experience.
- You have an engineering or technical product management background.
- You can create thorough UI/UX experiences and accompanying workflow diagrams and wireframes when needed.
- You form strong collaboration with internal teams (engineering, QA, UI/UX, operations) and external partners.
- You have a strong voice on the team for making the right prioritization trade-offs to support our marketplace participants.
- You are comfortable with agile/scrum methodologies.
- You approach your work with sound product judgment, positive attitude, and clear goals.
- You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and efficient way - you make things happen around you.
At XCLAIM we believe having a diverse team helps us build a better product, to better serve the full landscape of our customers. We’re looking for people with curiosity, integrity, and a zest for improving our world. We welcome perspectives, backgrounds, and thoughts that vary from those already represented.
XCLAIM is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.