Senior Full Stack Engineer
Los Angeles, CA (Open to Remote) /
XCLAIM is digitally transforming bankruptcy claims trading, a debt instrument market in the order of hundreds of billions of dollars a year, by introducing modern technology to an antiquated industry.
What do we do:
It may sound a little dry but in actuality, it’s a space begging for digitization. When a company files for bankruptcy its outstanding payables are transformed into unsecured claims, and the vendors become creditors. Since 1978, the process to source and transact on these financial instruments has remained largely the same: mass-mailings, cold calls, and wet-ink signatures on paper forms. The "Main Street" creditors are often unaware of the value of their claim, and Wall Street has benefited by taking advantage of these parties' lack of understanding of the bankruptcy process to buy these claims for discounted prices. XCLAIM is introducing knowledge, fairness, and liquidity through efficiency into an existing but outdated $400B capital market.
Who we are:
Our team consists of industry and functional experts, with decades of combined experience in bankruptcy, restructuring and software engineering. We are driven by our shared mission of creating an efficient and balanced digital marketplace. Although we are still building, we recently closed a $4M seed round led by First Round Capital, and have already secured a majority of digital market share through exclusive data sharing agreements.
We use Ruby on Rails, TypeScript, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, React.js, and AWS infrastructure.
Applicants must live in Los Angeles, CA, or be willing to re-locate (when safe to do so).
What You have:
- Minimum four years of professional engineering experience
- A generalist attitude and the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with a small team
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with a front end framework (React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- Proficiency in SQL database design and query patterns
What you'll do:
- Become a member of our growing engineering team, with large responsibilities and influence to shape the product
- Work together with product, design, and other engineers to build and maintain our applications and services
- Design, collaborate on, and implement third party integrations
- Take ownership and drive projects from start to finish, across the stack, while communicating effectively with stakeholders
- Understand the needs of our customers
- Squash bugs, write and fix tests, and generally improve the resilience of our systems
XCLAIM is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law