VP of Operations
Los Angeles, CA /
XCLAIM is digitally transforming bankruptcy claims trading, a debt instrument market in the order of hundreds of billions of dollars a year, by introducing modern technology to an antiquated industry.
What do we do:
It may sound a little dry but in actuality, it’s a space begging for digitization. When a company files for bankruptcy its outstanding payables are transformed into unsecured claims, and the vendors become creditors. Since 1978, the process to source and transact on these financial instruments has remained largely the same: mass-mailings, cold calls, and wet-ink signatures on paper forms. The "Main Street" creditors are often unaware of the value of their claim, and Wall Street has benefited by taking advantage of these parties' lack of understanding of the bankruptcy process to buy these claims for discounted prices. XCLAIM is introducing knowledge, fairness, and liquidity through efficiency into an existing but outdated $400B capital market.
Who we are:
Our team consists of industry and functional experts, with decades of combined experience in bankruptcy, restructuring and software engineering. We are driven by our shared mission of creating an efficient and balanced digital marketplace. Although we are still building, we recently closed a $4M seed round led by First Round Capital, and have already secured a majority of digital market share through exclusive data sharing agreements.
- Oversee company administrative operations, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met.
- Develop actionable plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention.
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement.
- Aggressively manage costs and expenses according to budget.
- Monitor company performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- 10+ years experience in enterprise leadership role, preferably at an early-stage B2B, SaaS, or Marketplace company
- Extensive knowledge of Financial Services and the Capital Markets
XCLAIM is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law