UI Experience Designer
Los Angeles, CA /
Product Management /
Full-time (Remote Optional)
The XCLAIM Marketplace is the global marketplace for bankruptcy claims. There is no equal. Any Creditor in a bankruptcy case can get paid for their Claim in near real-time while recovering the value that could have otherwise been lost, and without delay. Buyers have access to many thousands of claims and can quickly buy those that fit with their strategic needs.
You will be joining a growing team focused on digitally transforming the bankruptcy industry. The company was founded in 2018 and is based in Los Angeles, CA. Utilizing our proprietary tech platforms, we connect Creditors with financial institutions and other investors who want to buy bankruptcy claims. It may sound a little dry but in actuality, it’s a space begging for digital transformation. If you thrive in a dynamic environment and want to have a major impact in your role and on the industry, then this position is for you!
As XCLAIM’s UI Experience Designer, you will own a key focus area of the Marketplace and help grow the business. You’ll be responsible for the end-to-end success of several initiatives that delight our customers and further XCLAIM’s vision to transform bankruptcy claims trading. You’ll lead research and design initiatives while overseeing implementations that help grow the Marketplace. Lastly, you’ll be doing all this with an amazing team of people across the company. This is a great opportunity for a designer with extensive UI experience, exceptional communication skills, and a stellar execution track record.
What you’ll do:
- Collaboratively synthesize research insights that support our market participants, partners, and internal teams
- Prepare, lead and/or collaborate in design workshops to surface solution options for consideration
- Guide your designs through all stages of the design process from user research to wireframes, shipping the product and measuring impact
- Actively lead or participate in a lean product development process (influenced by Lean Startup, Lean UX, etc), including bringing the design perspective to business and engineering activities alike
You'll do well in this role if this describes you:
- Proficient in B2B web services, online technologies, and/or user interface design for business products
- At least five (5) years of professional experience building online products, perhaps as a part of a human-centric design team
- At least five (5) years of experience in user interface design post-launch to operational growth
- Experience in the e-commerce, experience and design principles that influence human engagement
- Experience defining, building or implementing UI designs that support complex business processes
- Experience partnering with internal and/or external teams to gain market traction
- A strong voice on the team and in daily decisions for making the right trade-offs to support our marketplace participants
- Ability to create thorough experiences and back them up with data-based insights
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way
XCLAIM is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.