Los Angeles, CA /
XCLAIM is digitally transforming bankruptcy claims trading, a debt instrument market in the order of hundreds of billions of dollars a year, by introducing modern technology to an antiquated industry.
What do we do:
It may sound a little dry but in actuality, it’s a space begging for digitization. When a company files for bankruptcy its outstanding payables are transformed into unsecured claims, and the vendors become creditors. Since 1978, the process to source and transact on these financial instruments has remained largely the same: mass-mailings, cold calls, and wet-ink signatures on paper forms. The "Main Street" creditors are often unaware of the value of their claim, and Wall Street has benefited by taking advantage of these parties' lack of understanding of the bankruptcy process to buy these claims for discounted prices. XCLAIM is introducing knowledge, fairness, and liquidity through efficiency into an existing but outdated $400B capital market.
Who we are:
Our team consists of industry and functional experts, with decades of combined experience in bankruptcy, restructuring and software engineering. We are driven by our shared mission of creating an efficient and balanced digital marketplace. Although we are still building, we recently closed a $4M seed round led by First Round Capital, and have already secured a majority of digital market share through exclusive data sharing agreements.
We use Ruby on Rails, TypeScript, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, React.js, and AWS infrastructure. Please do not apply if you do not have experience in Ruby.
Applicants must live in Los Angeles, CA, or be willing to re-locate (when safe to do so).
What You Will Do:
- Lead all QA activities for the XCLAIM web applications.
- Automate manual test processes and test data evaluation.
- Automate technical report generation to document test results and conclusions.
- Support implementation of CI/CD working closely with DevOps Engineer.
- Author test plans, test cases, and/or test scripts required to validate solutions.
- Partner closely with the engineering teams to replicate and resolve issues.
- Work closely with all members of the team (e.g. Product Owner, engineers, etc.) to ensure that all quality assurance requirements are defined and properly documented.
- Define and develop new and refine existing QA process, controls, and best practices.
- Act as a strong advocate for quality and share QA knowledge to other team members within the company.
- Ensure all projects meet both functional and non-functional requirements and map to QA test cases.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
What You Need:
- Minimum five years of professional QA engineering experience.
- Expertise in various forms of software testing: functional and non-functional testing - regression testing, performance testing, etc.
- Proficient in the following programming languages and testing frameworks: Ruby on Rails / RSpec and JavaSscript / Jest.
- Experience in web (including responsive), application and database development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand business needs and translate them into test cases and test scenarios.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with teams and clients.
- Team Player, able to work in a team environment to resolve issues; gain trust, be candid and committed.
- Rudimentary knowledge of SQL setting up a Database.
XCLAIM is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law