Director of Business Development
Los Angeles, CA /
Business Development /
XCLAIM is digitally transforming bankruptcy claims trading, a financial market on the order of hundreds of billions of dollars a year, by introducing modern technology to an antiquated industry.
What do we do:
It may sound a little dry but in actuality, it’s a space begging for digitization. When a company files for bankruptcy its outstanding payables are transformed into unsecured claims, and the vendors become creditors. Since 1978, the process to source and transact on these financial instruments has remained largely the same: mass-mailings, cold calls, and wet-ink signatures on paper forms. The "Main Street" creditors are often unaware of the value of their claim, and Wall Street has benefited by taking advantage of these parties' lack of understanding of the bankruptcy process to buy these claims for discounted prices. XCLAIM is introducing knowledge, fairness, and liquidity through efficiency into an existing but outdated $400B capital market.
Who we are:
Our team consists of industry and functional experts, with decades of combined experience in bankruptcy, restructuring and software engineering. We are driven by our shared mission of creating an efficient and balanced digital marketplace. Although we are still building, we recently closed a $4M seed round led by First Round Capital, and have already secured a majority of digital market share through exclusive data sharing agreements.
- Manage client relationships at a senior level with distressed debt hedge funds and banks to retain their business.
- Identify and diligently pursue new potential business.
- Develop and execute strategy to cross sell to existing client base.
- Drive new revenue and new mandate generation across products and client types.
- Lead client prospecting meetings and engagement activity.
- Initiate brand building and sales activity with claims traders not currently engaged in discussions with XCLAIM.
- Develop and execute strategy to uncover and develop mandates that will have the most impact.
- Develop fluency of XCLAIM’s marketplace product and value proposition.
- Work collaboratively with product, engineering, and marketplace support teams to respond to and meet clients’ needs and objectives.
- Established track record of institutional relationship management, preferably with a focus on debt or alternative investments.
- Deep industry and investment knowledge. Strong proficiency across a wide range of traditional and distressed Investment products. Possess an awareness of key issues affecting institutional investors.
- An established network of relationships in the institutional investor community.
- BA/BS degree in a related field (economics, finance or accounting).
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/traits:
- Driven by relationship management and revenue generation.
- Ability to establish credibility and influence with the institutional investor community.
- Effective in forging working relationships with team members and business counterparts.
- Ability to inspire and motivate the team to deliver high levels of performance.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong time management, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional professional and personal integrity.