Software Engineer (Back End)
Who are we?
At X1, we're building the smartest credit card ever made https://x1.co/
Our waitlist launch went viral late last year and now our small 20 person remote company is rapidly expanding to serve the over 300,000 customers on our waitlist.
To fuel this upcoming growth, we've raised over $20M+ from PayPal's co-founder, CEOs of Yelp, Box, Y Combinator Continuity as well as Jared Leto and the former president of American Express.
What will you do?
Build world class consumer finance software to serve hundreds of thousands of customers who are on the waitlist for the smartest credit card ever made.
Who will you work with?
An elite team of senior and staff engineers, alumni of Twitter and Google, will support and mentor you.
What will you work on?
As a back end engineer you will work on building the core finance infrastructure to power our credit card. This spans a wide range of problems across credit underwriting, fraud prevention, money movement, search infrastructure all in our modern Scala based stack.
Who are you?
- An undergraduate or graduate computer science degree (or a related field)
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Strong programming experience with any one language
- Prior Scala experience is not required
- Good communication skills
- Hungry to learn and grow alongside a growing business
- 2+ years of full-time work experience
How can you reach us?