Software Engineer (Back End)
Who are we?
X1 is building the smartest credit card ever made. Our customers are spending at a rate of hundreds of millions of dollars a year and we're rapidly growing to serve the over 450,000 people on our waitlist.
We have been featured in publications like Business Insider, Fast Company, Forbes, Inc., Money, Nasdaq, TechCrunch and Wired.
We have raised over $20M from some of the most iconic investors in Silicon Valley, including the CEOs of Yelp, Box, Affirm, Y Combinator Continuity and the former president of American Express.
What will you do?
Build world class consumer finance software to serve hundreds of thousands of customers.
Who will you work with?
An elite team of senior and staff engineers, alumni of Twitter, Amazon and Google, will support and mentor you.
What will you work on?
As a back end engineer you will work on building the core finance infrastructure to power our credit card. This spans a wide range of problems across credit underwriting, fraud prevention, money movement, search infrastructure all in our modern Scala based stack.
Who are you?
- An undergraduate or graduate computer science degree (or a related field)
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Strong programming experience with any one language
- Prior Scala experience is not required
- Good communication skills
- Hungry to learn and grow alongside a growing business
- 2+ years of full-time work experience
How can you reach us?