Associate General Counsel
Who are we?
X1 is building the smartest credit card ever made. Our customers are spending at a rate of hundreds of millions of dollars a year and we're rapidly growing to serve the over 450,000 people on our waitlist.
We have been featured in publications like Business Insider, Fast Company, Forbes, Inc., Money, Nasdaq, TechCrunch and Wired.
We have raised over $20M from some of the most iconic investors in Silicon Valley, including the CEOs of Yelp, Box, Affirm, Y Combinator Continuity and the former president of American Express.
What will you do?
You’ll support X1’s operations and product teams, helping to manage and solve all day-to-day, customer-facing legal and regulatory issues. You’ll advise on the development of new products and product features, analyze new customer experience and servicing initiatives, review marketing campaigns and materials–and help us roll out our exciting pipeline of offerings in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. And as part of a small team, you’ll also get the chance to work on a host of other projects and issues as we grow and scale.
Who are you?
- Deep understanding of laws and regulations relating to consumer financial services, including TILA, FCRA, EFTA/Reg E, MLA/SCRA, ECOA, E-SIGN, UDAAP, GLBA, BSA/AML and others
- Can work autonomously and make judgment calls with confidence
- Able to clearly and concisely communicate legal principles to nonlawyers
- Ability to craft structure within ambiguity and juggle multiple projects-Hungry to learn and grow alongside a growing business
- At least 5 years of relevant legal experience in a major law firm or financial services company
As an early team member at X1 you will be a critical voice and have significant influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and ensure this is the single best work experience of your life. If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
How can you reach us?