Head of Infrastructure and Risk
Who are we?
X1 is building the smartest credit card ever made. We power over $800M in annualized spending and are rapidly growing.
We have been featured in publications like Business Insider, Fast Company, Forbes, Inc., Money, CNBC, CNET, Nasdaq, TechCrunch and Wired.
We have raised over $60M from some of the most iconic investors in Silicon Valley, who founded Google Analytics, Y Combinator Continuity, PayPal, Affirm, Box, Yelp, and more. These include David Sacks, Max Levchin, Wesley Chan, CEOs of Yelp, Box, and Y Combinator Continuity, The Chainsmokers, and Jared Leto.
What will you do?
Build world-class consumer finance software to serve X1's customers. As an early engineering leader, you will own the roadmap and execution of our infrastructure, underwriting and fraud platforms, and developer productivity.
Who will you work with?
An elite team of senior and staff engineers who are alumni of Affirm, Google, and Twitter.
What will you work on?
- Run two key foundational pillars of our business – infrastructure and risk
- Opportunity to design a modern infrastructure team from the ground up to scale to billions of annual spend volume.
- Infrastructure spans across key verticals like data, machine learning, storage and developer productivity
- Risk function includes overseeing data scientists and engineers who will develop custom ML models for a variety of credit and fraud problems
- Work closely with the founders and other execs like our Chief Risk Officer, Head of Fraud, General Counsel, and more
You will serve as the counterpart to our Head of Card Engineering, who leads the card product and card platform teams.
Previous experience leading infrastructure or risk engineering teams is not a requirement.
Who are you?
- An undergraduate or graduate computer science degree (or a related field)
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Previously a senior (ideally staff) level engineer or above
- Previous engineering leadership experience
- Strong communication and engineering execution skills
- Hungry to learn and grow alongside a growing business
As an early team member at X1 you will be a critical voice and have significant influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and ensure this is the single best work experience of your life. If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
How can you reach us?
To learn more, see https://x1.co/