Software Engineer (Card Platform)
Who are we?
X1 is building the smartest credit card ever made. We power over $800M in annualized spending and are rapidly growing.
We have been featured in publications like Business Insider, Fast Company, Forbes, Inc., Money, CNBC, CNET, Nasdaq, TechCrunch and Wired.
We have raised over $60M from some of the most iconic investors in Silicon Valley, who founded Google Analytics, Y Combinator Continuity, PayPal, Affirm, Box, Yelp, and more. These include David Sacks, Max Levchin, Wesley Chan, CEOs of Yelp, Box, and Y Combinator Continuity, The Chainsmokers, and Jared Leto.
What will you do?
The X1 Card Platform team is responsible for the technical bedrock of X1 - a functional credit card. As a member of this team, you will build and evolve the very infrastructure, services, and pipelines that enable X1’s credit card processing.
You will have the opportunity to reimagine and evolve what a modern credit card platform looks like. Because the credit card is foundational to all that we do at X1, you will have an astronomical impact and unparalleled technical growth.
Who will you work with?
An elite engineering team with alumni from Affirm, Stripe, Google, Pinterest, Y Combinator, Stanford, MIT, and more.
What will you work on?
- Evolve our foundational credit card systems to the next level as we prepare to scale from millions of dollars of flow to billions of dollars of flow
- Architect and implement flexible and reliable systems that manage critical operational flows for X1, including credit card payments and all transactions
- Design and implement 3rd party integrations that are robust, scalable and auditable
- Automate and optimize cross-functional, business-critical workflows, such as reporting data generation
Who are you?
- Excellent problem-solving skills in complex environments against constraints, tradeoffs and deadlines.
- You are a phenomenal developer who takes enjoyment in writing elegant and efficient code
- Sense of urgency and prioritization
- You find beauty in complexity and high dimensionality, and enjoy understanding, manipulating, and building your own complex systems
- Phenomenal eye for detail, while still being able to zoom out and see the big picture
- Ability to break down complex problems into executable workstreams
- High standards and a strong work ethic - you always bring your best and you expect your colleagues to do the same
- Sense of urgency and you get things done
- Prior experience operating in a low margin for error, detail-oriented environment a plus, but is not required
As an early team member at X1 you will be a critical voice and have significant influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and ensure this is the single best work experience of your life. If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
How can you reach us?
To learn more, see https://x1.co/