United States /
Who are we?
X1 is building the smartest credit card ever made. We power over $750M in annualized spending and are rapidly growing.
We have been featured in publications like Business Insider, Fast Company, Forbes, Inc., Money, CNBC, CNET, Nasdaq, TechCrunch and Wired.
We have raised over $60M from some of the most iconic investors in Silicon Valley, who founded Google Analytics, Y Combinator Continuity, PayPal, Affirm, Box, Yelp, and more. These include David Sacks, Max Levchin, Wesley Chan, CEOs of Yelp, Box, and Y Combinator Continuity, The Chainsmokers, and Jared Leto.
What will you do?
First and foremost, you'll handcraft and refine UI features and flows within the X1 mobile app as an end-to-end designer, in line with our distinctive look and feel. You'll design mobile experiences in Figma that meet the expectations of X1 cardholders, who were drawn to us in large part because of our refreshing emphasis on design.
Prepare to be pushed; you'll be required to take your work several iterations further than you've ever done before, to create jaw-droppingly simple and delightful work you'll be extremely proud of. Please be warned: at X1, we sweat the details for our colleagues and our cardholders.
Who will you work with?
You will collaborate with and be supported by a team of seasoned product, info, and visual designers, as well as product and engineering alumni from Affirm, Twitter and Google.
Who are you?
- A product and UI designer, not a UX designer or researcher
- 2 to 10+ years of experience. Even the most seasoned candidates will find significant responsibilities and thrilling design challenges.
- A particular passion for mobile design: You must know iOS patterns and constraints
- Demonstrated flexibility of talent (good graphic design fundamentals, varied portfolio, no house style)
- Demonstrated excellence at both Product and UI design
- Demonstrated Information Design proficiency. You must be able to intelligently simplify, prioritize and present information.
- Consumer product experience (not enterprise)
- Unsparing attention to detail
- Excellent project hygiene
- Good written communication
- Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects
Nice to haves
- Some startup experience, as well as big company or agency experience on consumer clients is a plus
- Technical ability is a plus
- Entrepreneurial experience is a plus
How can you reach us?
To learn more, see https://x1.co/