Software Engineer (Underwriting & Fraud)
Who are we?
X1 is building the smartest credit card ever made. We power over $700M in annualized spending and are rapidly growing.
We have been featured in publications like Business Insider, Fast Company, Forbes, Inc., Money, CNBC, CNET, Nasdaq, TechCrunch and Wired.
We have raised over $60M from some of the most iconic investors in Silicon Valley, who founded Google Analytics, Y Combinator Continuity, PayPal, Affirm, Box, Yelp, and more. These include David Sacks, Max Levchin, Wesley Chan, CEOs of Yelp, Box, and Y Combinator Continuity, The Chainsmokers, and Jared Leto.
What will you do?
Build world class consumer finance software to serve hundreds of thousands of customers.
Who will you work with?
An elite team of senior and staff engineers, alumni of Twitter, Amazon and Google, will support and mentor you.
What will you work on?
As an engineer focused on our underwriting and fraud systems, you will design and scale these critical systems helping rapidly grow the business, expanding to new customer segments all while managing risk. This spans a wide range of problems across our underwriting models, identity verification pipelines, fraud classifiers, and more all in our modern Scala based stack.
Who are you?
- An undergraduate or graduate computer science degree (or a related field)
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Strong programming experience with any one language
- Prior Scala experience is not required
- Good communication skills
- Hungry to learn and grow alongside a growing business
- Basic training or experience in statistical inference
- 2+ years of full-time work experience
How can you reach us?