Senior Software Engineer
Wellington, New Zealand
Codex – Software Engineering - Codex
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
As a senior member of the software team, you will help to lead projects that deliver high
quality media processing and management tools to Desktop, Plugin, and Cloud
environments. You will strive to exploit the full capabilities of high-end workstation-class
machines, constrained cloud environments, embedded devices, and everything in-between.
Our engineers must work cross-functionally on multiple codebases, and coordinate with
third-party vendors to deliver complex product integrations.
- Extend the existing codebase and migrate legacy components to new architectures.
- Integrate internal and third-party components to build out functionality.
- Produce automated tests to ensure quality, performance, and scalability.
- Write design, usage, and troubleshooting documentation for a diverse audience including Engineering, QA and Support teams.
- Participate in code reviews and audits.
- Design and implement APIs for libraries and services.
- Mentor other members on your areas of expertise.
- Coordinate with team members and others in the organisation to ensure timely delivery of software that meets agreed requirements.
- 4+ years of professional development experience.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of Modern C++ (11 onwards), STL, Boost C++, CMake, git version control.
- Firm grasp of object-oriented design concepts and design patterns.
- Fluent in English; Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with a distributed/remote team.
Additional or preferred knowledge
- Developing for a range of platforms: macOS, Linux, Windows, tvOS, iOS, Android.
- GPU programming: Metal, CUDA, Vulkan, OpenCL, OpenGL, GLSL.
- Image processing and codecs.
- Media processing frameworks, e.g. OpenFX, Apple FxPlug, Autodesk Sparks, …
- C/C++ bindings; Foreign Function Interface (FFI).
- OpenCV, ffmpeg.
- AWS and cloud deployment.
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.