Senior Software Engineer
Codex – Software Engineering - Codex
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
PIX + CODEX delivers image processing, media transcoding, asset management, and high-performance I/O solutions to the film and television industry.
As a senior member of the software team, you will be tasked with maintaining and evolving the firmware/driver/software stack that supports Codex hardware devices and peripherals.
Our engineers must work cross-functionally on multiple codebases, and coordinate with third-party vendors to deliver complex product integrations.
- Extend the existing codebase and migrate legacy components to new architectures.
- Integrate internal and third-party components to build out functionality.
- Produce automated tests to ensure quality, performance, and scalability.
- Write design, usage, and troubleshooting documentation for a diverse audience including Engineering, QA and Support teams.
- Participate in code reviews and audits.
- Design and implement APIs for libraries and services.
- Mentor other members on your areas of expertise.
- Coordinate with team members and others in the organization to ensure timely delivery of software that meets agreed requirements.
- 4+ years of professional development experience.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of Modern C++ (11 onwards), STL, Boost C++, CMake, git version control.
- Confidence with low-level programming primitives.
- Firm grasp of object-oriented design concepts and design patterns.
- Fluent in English; Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with a distributed/remote team.
Additional Preferred Experience
- Knowledge of additional programming languages: C, Python.
- Developing for a range of platforms: Linux, Windows, macOS, embedded.
- Driver / kernel module development.
- AVR/stm32 microcontroller firmware development.
- Device-side USB communications.
- Competitive salary and bonus programme
- Private BUPA medical insurance including coverage for spouse and family
- Life assurance covering 4x basic annual salary
- Employee equity and pension plan
- and more...
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.