Mechanical Production Engineer
Codex – Mechanical Hardware Design
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
As a Production Engineer, you will be part of a team delivering Codex products which meet the significant challenge of thermal management and packaging in coordination with our high-end aesthetics, blending ergonomic considerations with rock solid reliability along with an obsessive attention to detail.
In your role you would be responsible for the implementation of products from CAD assembly stage into full production in support of the Mechanical and Industrial Design Team. Definition of manufacturing methods, sourcing suppliers, qualifying tooling for casting and Injection Moulding.
Experience of working closely with assembly teams to ensure efficiency and consistency are maintained with an eye on continuous improvement along with managing suppliers both in the UK and abroad with a strong focus on East Asia.
Frequent travel will be a significant part of the role.
- Management of tooled processes including injection moulding and casting in the UK and abroad.
- Optimising design for assembly.
- Production of drawings and Assembly Guides.
- BOM Management and systems development.
- Develop CODEX partners in Eastern Asia for manufacture, assembly and testing.
- Liaising with the design team on new product development to establish and adapt to manufacturing requirements.
- Coordination with the quality and inspection team, problem solving and liaison with suppliers.
- Capable of communicating at all levels.
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision and under tight deadlines/pressure.
- Support the wider team with continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience working with a distributed/remote team.
- Minimum 10 Years’ Experience.
- The ability to working under own initiative, setting own deadlines / project milestones and responsible for deliverables.
- Understanding of production techniques and processes within the consumer product sector such as injection moulding, Casting and CNC.
- Knowledge and experience of electronics and their integration into enclosures.
- Ideally have a Degree in Engineering or equivalent qualifications/experience such as an HND or HNC.
- Extensive experience in 3D CAD engineering using SolidWorks.
- Competitive salary and bonus programme.
- Private BUPA medical insurance including coverage for spouse and family.
- Life assurance covering 4x basic annual salary.
- Employee equity and pension plan.
- Commitment to professional development.
- and more...
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.